What just happened? P2

Kaylai POV-

Kaylai barely paid attention to anything as he stared at the Hall of Mirrors entrance. Why am I here? He thought. I feel....like I need to go in there. But why? What  is doing this to me? He tried to make his head clear up.

 "Are you gonna go in or just stand there?" A sassy voice said to his left. Kaylai looked over and saw a girl, looking extremely bored, staring at him over her phone.

Kaylai chuckled. "No. Just seeing if my friend was in there." He glanced back inside. When he looked at the girl again, she was staring at him hungrily. What a child. He thought. "I'm gonna wait for him somewhere else." 

He said as he walked away, towards his friends, who were standing by the popcorn stand. As he walked, he noticed all of the girls who were at the carnival were staring at him like he was a juicy steak, and they were stray, starving alley dogs.

Odd. Huh...I don't need them. I have Saven. He thought, smiling. He was almost to his friends when he heard Jack saying something to Saven and Marlene.

 With a glanceover Savens shoulder, he almost gasped. Two pistols were pointed at Saven and Marlene, who were trying to coax him to put them down. 

"You think I don't know what you really want? Huh? Well, your too late. Kaylai will be dead soon and Chaos will rise over Purity!!!" Jack laughed as he cocked the pistols. "And soon, you too can join Kaylai in the Underworld!" 

 Rage filled him. Kaylai growled as he leaped out in front of the girls. "No One will fall! He is getting stronger! Soon, you will be the one who journeys to the Underworld!" Kaylai didn't know what was happening to him or what he was saying, but he liked the feeling.

Power surged through him as he blasted a wave of fire? He didn't know. But he watched as Jack was blasted backwards into the popcorn machine. Marlene screamed his name, and tried to run to him, but Saven held her back.

After the fire died, Jack lay unconscious. Kaylais energy level dropped as he realized what he had done. Oh Jack! No! Not Jack! He thought as people noticed what had just happened. "Run. Go! I'll get Jack! Hurry!" He demanded of the girls.

They ran. Quickly, Kaylai scooped up Jack and took off after the girls. Saven and Marlene jumped in the SUV and Saven turned it on. Kaylai threw Jack in, jumped in, and yelled "Floor it!!!" Saven peeled out, and sped down the highway.

Kaylai sighed. He closed his eyes and rested his head on the headrest. The wind whooshing, and the cars movements eventually lulled him to a deep sleep. But before he drowned in welcome darkness, he asked himself

                                                 What just happened?

Hey my lovely demons! This chapter is short and right to the point, so forgive my lack of details. Plz vote and comment! 

                                             *Spoiler alert* Jack lives!

Happy reading and sweet nightmares!

                                                                                    E. O. M.