S I X | B I E L L M A N N

Biellmann: A move in which the skater holds the blade of the free leg with both hands and pulls it back above the head.

Rosaura took in a deep breath. She didn't know how to act during the dinner. She clearly did not know that Xavier was Brea's brother. Although Brea had mentioned her brother on the night of the party, she did not mention his name specifically and so Rosaura did not know about the connection until now. The first thing Xavier had mentioned were her freckles. She didn't know whether to be embarrassed or flattered that he took such close notice of her.

She felt Brea's kick under the table and she looked up to see Mr. and Mrs. Hommes both staring at her curiously.

"I'm sorry, could you please repeat the question?" she asked quite embarrassed by the ordeal.

Mrs. Hommes smiled at her. "I was just asking if you wanted more beans."

Rosaura nodded and extended her plate towards Mrs. Hommes. She hated social gatherings, but Brea insisted that their family, so she would not be bothered through the whole ordeal. Surprisingly, the girl had grown onto Rosaura. Or she had attached herself like a leech not ready to give up. Brea had dragged her a ton of places in the last week alone and they were close to becoming fast friends.

"So, Rosaura, are you starting university soon?" Mr. Hommes asked.

Rosaura made sure to sallow her food before answering. "No sir, I am taking the year off for training."

"Training for what?" he asked in a politely, conventional tone.

It was Brea who answered for her. "She's a figure skater Papa. Rosaura is taking the year off to qualify for the Olympics."

Brea turned to Rosaura with a proud smile on her face. Rosaura didn't want to contradict her, but she wasn't quite a figure skater.

But before she could gather the strength to speak up, Xavier spoke for the first time since dinner began.

"She's not a figure skater Brea. She's an ice dancer. There is a difference." He replied in a soft, gravelly voice.

His voice was far from perfect and it indicated that he had yet to reach the maturity of manhood. He was still somewhere between being a teenager and a man. Brea who didn't like being contradicted tried kicking her brother under the table but instead her foot was ensnared with Rosaura. She bit back a groan and tired not to chock on the food that was currently in her mouth. Brea shot her an apologetic smile.

Switching the subject Mrs. Hommes asked Xavier how his game was.

"It was good." Was the only answer Mrs. Hommes received. 

Rosaura noticed he was a lot like her in that matter. He didn't speak much, at least not in public.

"Xavier plays hockey." Brea clarified for Rosaura, not knowing that the two of them already knew one another.

Rosaura was amused and when she looked up, a similar mocking smile was on Xavier's face. His gaze met Rosaura's and she shivered before looking back down at her food.

The rest of the dinner passed by fairly quickly with Brea's parents questioning her about her life and family. Rosaura answered the questions to the best of the abilities not trying to divulge to much information into her personal life but also not trying to come across as rude. After dinner she thanked both of Brea's parents before stepping outside for a quick minute with Brea.

"You didn't tell me Xavier was your brother!" she whispered angrily.

Brea looked taken back. "Don't tell me the two of you have met before."