Chapter 4 - Worthy of Praise

^Kimberline Pumberly

Chapter 4 - Worthy of Praise

Alexandria felt completely overwhelmed. The sight, the sounds, the colors, the chaotic world around her was just screaming with life, so much life, a life that she could be an unseen part of.

Every other time she had come to Town Central City for Market Day it was always as Crowned Princess Alexandria Maxine Georgiana Bell, future ruler of Alminia. People tended to treat her differently because she was the Princess, but at that moment she wasn't the Princess.

She was masquerading as a woman named Lady Annabell Tompson. Her mother insisted that it would be easier to hide among the market goers if she didn't lower her status too drastically. Alexandria didn't argue the point with her mother. She could be Lady Annabell Tompson, an acquaintance of the Royal family from the Kingdom across the Wrinery Mountains.

Her mother had planned out Alexandria's new back-story. Being connected to the Royal Family would make ordering supplies easier, and it would also offer her a small amount of protection, should something unforeseen happen.

Alexandria wondered how her mother had been able to come up with a new identity for her. Where had her mother picked up such a talent? And why had it been necessary?

Although it intrigued her, Alexandria left the thoughts concerning palace life for another day.

Looking to her left she noticed that her escort was matching her stride for stride. Alexandria was glad that the sixteen year old was with her. Tilly was more cunning than she acted, or appeared to be.

Alexandria felt that her desires to be on her own were mirrored by her escort. It was clear that the soft-spoken girl also wanted to be elsewhere. However, Tilly had the propriety to wait until she was certain that no harm would befall Alexandria, before leaving the Alminian Princess by herself.

They soon arrived at the renowned fabric shop, Pumberly's Fashion and Textiles. Walking in Alexandria couldn't help but take a small step back, bumping into the doorframe. Color surrounded her. From pre-made dresses to bolts of shimmery fabric, Alexandria didn't know where to look first.

"Can I help you?" an excited voice called from below her.

Alexandria lowered her eyes and noticed a young girl with wild red hair, roughly the age of seven, staring up at her with large chocolate brown eyes.

"Do you work here?" Alexandria asked the girl.

"Yes, Lady." She chirped excitedly.

"Then yes you can help me." Alexandria responded, matching the girl's enthusiasm, "I'm looking to have a new ball gown made.

"I can certainly assist you with that." The young girl smiled up at Alexandria, but then turned towards Tilly. "We will take good care of your Mistress, Ma'am." She said, her words suddenly turning professional, "This will take a bit of time, if you wish, you can return in four hours or even after lunch. Your Mistress will be safe with us."

Alexandria noticed Tilly give the little red head a wink before she faced her mistress and asked, "Will you be needing my services Lady?"

"Everything here appears to be in good hands, you are dismissed." She responded forcing her voice to appear composed.

Tilly nodded, and turned around to exit the shop.

"Four hours?" Alexandria asked the young girl once Tilly had left them. Her mother had only allowed her half a day in the market. She didn't want to spend all of it in the shop. "Will it take that long?"