Chapter 20 - Headaches and Heroes

~~~ Noah

"Lord Johnathon, can you please move faster." Noah pleaded yet again.

His words only resulted in making his master move slower.

How was that possible?

"I need my jacket Servant." He whined pathetically. "I can't leave without my jacket."

"You can't leave without shoes either." Noah whispered harshly behind the man's back.

Johnathon's head shot in his direction, "What did you say?"

"Your jacket is on the edge of your bed sir." Noah covered. He pointed in the direction where the jacked rested.

"But it's not on me now is it?" Lord Johnathon tested.

Noah silently groaned and started towards the bed for his master's jacket, only to be tripped along way. "Is my jacket down there?" He heard his master asked slyly.

"No, sir."

"Than get up." Johnathon spat. "Where are my shoes?" He asked finally realizing that they weren't on his feet.

"My Lord, your shoes are in front of the door." Noah answered as he grabbed his lord's jacket from the bed.

"And what are they doing there?" He asked.

Noah knew that he was being set up, but helped his master into the jacket anyway as he answered. "You left them there after you came back from pub last night, my Lord."

"Are you mocking me?" Johnathon demanded.

"No sir." Noah admitted as he moved quickly to button the jacket.

"Are you calling me a drunk?" He yelled.

Noah wondered what put that thought in his master's head. He couldn't say yes out loud, but he did think it as loud as possible.

"No sir, I was merely stating-" two hands shoved Noah to the ground. He quickly picked himself up and made sure that he to act as if his master's outburst hadn't affected him. It would have only made matters worse.

"Get out of my face." Johnathon dismissed harshly.

"Your carriage shall be waiting for your departure, my Lord." Noah informed emotionlessly.

As he walked towards the carriage Noah hoped that his master had released all of his inebriated anger from the night before. Sky forbid what might happen to Annabell if he hadn't.

But if not?

Noah would gladly take any amount of his master's abuse, to keep her safe.

~~~ Three Days Later

Noah's head was pounding. He had ended up passing out, but from exhaustion rather than panic. He had managed to keep himself sane for a few hours.

Annabell had kept him sane.

He still didn't know what was going on and the smell of potatoes was becoming more and more pungent as the day passed.

Still for how terrible the smell was, the darkness from the bag was much worse. He could feel his breath sticking to his face as it reflected off the burlap. The more breaths he took, the harder it became to take another.

Noah fought to keep his thoughts on Annabell.

The vehicle that he was currently tied up in a hit a bump causing Noah to hit his head on the post, yet again. He was starting to believe that the driver was doing it on purpose.