Rache [revenge]

The next day, Dr Watson was already installed in the flat. Everything was perfect, and it seemed that the doctor was a perfect choice. Sherlock wasn't complaining about him, and that was a plus.  

Sherlock started talking about his cases, and you found it very interesting.

You were in the living room, discussing one of his cases, when a constable stormed in the room.

''Clarky! Got anything for me?'' Sherlock asked upon his entrance.

''Sir, madam... Good afternoon. Yes sir. A man was killed in New Heaven, and Inspector Lestrade requires your presence'' Clark reported.

''Is there a cab waiting outside?'' Sherlock questioned.

''Yes sir''

Holmes turned to you and John.

''Would you like to join me?'' he asked the both of you.

''I'm afraid I have some patients to attend''  Watson denyed.

He turned to you, quirking one eyebrow.

''What about you, Y/n? Would you like to join me?'' he asked and offered his hand.

You? Joining Sherlock Holmes in one of his cases? Well, that is certainly something that isn't happening everyday. You smiled and accepted his hand.

''Sure. I have nothing better to do, anyway'' you smiled and sat up.

He smiled back, and the two of you and Clark headed outside.

Holmes helped you in the cab, and after a while you arrived in New Heaven, Bannister Street.

Hopping out of the cab, you saw a two stories grey house, with a white fence and lovely garden.

At the front door was waiting a chubby, bald man.

''Mr Holmes. I'm glad you came'' the man said.

''Hello Barton. This is Y/N Hudson. She will be my help today'' Holmes introduced you.

The three of you walked inside, and Holmes started examining everything with his magnifying glass. When you entered the last room, you saw the poor man, laying on the floor, lifeless.

''Sir, the man has been found this morning by the landlady'' Barton reported.

''I heard you were school friends with the victim. Is that correct?'' Holmes questioned.

''Yes sir. We worked together at Scottland Yard'' 

''That is all I need to know. Wait there'' Holmes said.

''What do you think, Y/N?'' he asked, looking at you.

''I don't know'' you replied honestly.

''I already have my opinion formed. I need a few more data'' he informed.

''Already?!'' you almost shouted.

''Let's search the room for more evidence'' he said and the two of you started examining the room closely.

You followed, and walked towards the table that was in front of the window, upon which lay two glasses of wine.

One was full, and one was empty.

Sherlock came closer and sniffed around the table.

''Ah, Margeaux. '58 or '59, Barton?'' Sherlock asked looking at Barton.

''That's a '58, sir'' Barton replied.

''Ah, I thought it was a '59. Not important'' Sherlock said and continued to search the room for clues.

-----------------------------------------------------

Word count: 500