Tension in 221 B

You walked back in the kitchen where you found Nanny sitting at the table.

''Sit down dear. We need to talk'' she said and gestured to the empty chair that was net to her's.

You sat down and placed your hands on the table.

''Look dear, I may be wrong, but it seems to me that you grew a fancy for Holmes. Even if it's true or not, I have to tell you, he has eyes for only one woman. Irene Adler, she is the only one that managed to steal his mind, to make a proper idiot out of him. He was beaten, shot and nearly killed because of her. Sometimes I still wonder if he is a masochist or something of some sort'' she said, the last part making you giggle,'' but dear, I am not saying this to scare you, I am saying this to prevent you from a broken heart. He is always after her. Probably he is chasing after her like a schoolboy while we speak. Listen dear, he may be charming and all, but do not try to get yourself involved into things such as love with him. He always claims he's married with work. You can still help him with his cases, and with his crazy experiments, but drown your feelings, for your own sake. The last thing I want is to see you sad'' she explained, hugging you.

You did grown a fancy over Holmes, but Nanny said, made you think if you really wanted it.

''Don't worry Nanny. I don't have feelings for him'' you lied.

''Oh, do you really think I didn't observe what happened outside between the two of you?'' she laughed.

Your cheeks cover in a crimson blush, and you cover your face with your hands.

''Oh, dear God... Nanny... I... I'' you stutter, not knowing how to explain.

''Calm down, honey. I am not mad, I am just sad. The love that is not shared is poison. Consider what I said''

''Nanny, I-'' you are interrupted by Holmes and John entering the kitchen.

You stand up and Nanny shoots Holmes a death glare.

''Thank you for talking to me, Nanny'' you said and walked to your bedroom.

Nanny walked after you, and Holmes turned to John

''What have I done this time?'' he asked to which John shrugged.

-------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 457