221 B has explosions

You extend your hand towards him, and he hesitantly shakes it. Why is his hand patched in so many places? And why is his skin so dried?

''She didn't inform me about your arrival'' he said as he took a rag to clean the mess his project made.

''Oh, well. I will be living here from now on. She told me I can use this room for my laboratory equipment, if there isn't any problem''

''There is a problem. You see, you can't stay here with me'' he said and smiled sweetly at you.

''But... why? Why would it be a problem?''

''Yes Mr Holmes. Why? Do explain to us'' Nanny pops out of nowhere.

''She would be ruining every project I have or will have'' he explained nonchalantly and shrugged.

''You will be sharing this room with her, even if you like it or not! If you have any complaining, you can pack your bags and start searching for another apartment!'' she yelled and he closed his mouth, muttering under his breath.

''Good. Clean around and be nice to her'' Nanny said and left the room.

You took your book and started unpacking.

When you were done, you started working on a project your boss, Mr Gobbler gave you.

You were almost done, and you needed maximum concentration.

All you had to do is add two drops of sulfuric acid, and you were done. Your hands were trembling, and you furrowed your eyebrow in concentration.

The first drop fell, and nothing happened.

But before the 2nd drop fell, an explosion sent you flying in the wall.

You opened your eyes, and find two arms lifting you off the ground and steadying you on your feet.

''Y/n? Y/N are you alright? Can you stand?''Holmes asked

''Yeah.. I guess'' you cough, realizing that there's smoke everywhere.

''Come on, we have to get out of here'' he said and grabbed your hand, dragging you out of the room.

You stumbled a bit, but managed to keep up with him, and in a few seconds, you were outside.

Nanny was already there, cursing Holmes under her breath.

Holmes ran back inside, and opened the doors and windows, so the smoke would get out.

After a few minutes, he comes back outside.

''Well, only the laboratory was affected. The room is destroyed. Along with everything inside it'' he declares.

You face-palmed. In that room was your whole work, and it was all gone. Because of him.

''What the hell, Holmes?'' you groaned

''At 221 B are always explosions'' he said and you glared at him.

--------------------------------------------------

Word count: 450