Welcome to 221 B

--cover done by zaramartinez-

You are Y/N Hudson. Mrs Hudson's niece. You work as a laboratory assistant, at a researching center.

One day, you received a letter from your aunt, Mrs Hudson, saying that she needs help paying the rent and that she would be very grateful if you would come to live with her, and help her pay the rent.

You gratefully accepted, and the next day you were moving your things into the flat.

What she didn't tell you was that she already had someone living in the apartment.

--------------------------------------------

''Here, let me help you with that box, dear'' your aunt said and took the last box from your hands.

''Thank you nanny'' you thanked her and followed her up the stairs.

You noticed that there are three more rooms except yours and your aunt's.

''Nanny, is anyone else living in here with us?'' you asked as you entered your room.

''Yes. Mr Holmes. But don't worry about him, dear. He rarely gets out of his room. And when he does, he misses a few days, then he comes back and stays locked in there again'' she informs you.

''What is that man doing for a living?'' 

''I don't know, and I don't care as long as he pays the rent''

''Do you think I can use one of those rooms for my laboratory equipment?'' you asked

''Yes, you can use the one Mr Holmes uses. There is a free desk in the back of the room, you can use that space'' 

''Thanks'' you say and take the box with your equipment, heading to the room.

You opened the door, and in the second you did, a wave of smoke burst in your face.

You coughed and ran to the window that was in the room, and opened it.

When the smoke disappeared, you saw a man, standing next to a table, where he had some equipment, and what looked like a failed experiment.

''Who are you?'' he asked upon seeing you.

''I'm Y/N Hudson. Mrs Hudson's niece'' you smiled and extended your hand for him to shake.

---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: First chapter up, yay! I had this published some time ago, but I deleted it, since I couldn't work on it anymore. But now I'm back and I will write it to the very end!

Word count: 400