221 B has a new occupant.

After a few days, the laboratory was restored, but you still needed to work at your project.

Even with you coming to help paying the rent didn't help a lot. The rent was still pretty big, and your aunt said she might be forced to sell the apartment.

Until one day when you had a brilliant idea.

---------

You were all at the breakfast table, eating breakfast and drinking coffee or tea.

Holmes at the breakfast table was something that rarely happened.

The door bell rang, breaking the silence.

Nanny sat up and walked to the door, returning with some envelopes shortly after.

''Taxes, taxes...Ah, here it is. Oh dear... we have to move out'' she said reading the letter.

''Just when I started liking it in here'' you muttered and placed your face in your hands.

''Well, I guess we have to start packing today'' Holes announces.

A deep silence fell over the room, and you didn't know what to say or do...

Only if there was someone to come and help you with rent...

Wait a second... that's it!

''I think I have an idea!'' you said and suddenly sat up,''We are going to announce that we need a new flatmate. This will solve it!'' 

-------------------------------------------

Timeskip, because no one wants to hear Holmes deducing the crap out of people.

''Holmes, you have to stop this. You're scaring them! We need help with the rent'' you groaned.

That was the 23rd person he scared away.

''They have bad intentions. If we are going to have a new flatmate, let them be a good person'' he argued back.

You were ready to open your mouth to say something, when...

''Hello. This is 221 B, right? I heard you have a free room'' you heard a voice saying, and you both turned around.

In the door was standing a man with bushy mustache, blue eyes and a dog was sitting next to him, waiting patiently.

''Hello. Yes, this is 221 B. I am Y/N Hudson, and this is Sherlock Holmes'' you greet the man.

''Nice to meet you miss. I am doctor Johnathan Watson, and this is my dog, Gladstone'' he said pointing at the dog.

''Hello Gladstone. Who's a good boy?'' you giggle and pet the friendly dog on the head.

''How was the war, doctor?'' Sherlock asked.

John turned to him in astonishment.

''How did you know I was in war?'' he asked, startled.

''You hand is laying on your side in an unnatural manner, probably an injury during the attacks. You have a problem with your left leg, you're putting more weight on the right one, and the cane you're carrying. African snake wood. I bet it's a blade inside'' Sherlock explained.

John blinked a few times and smiled.

''Ah, of course. The great detective Sherlock Holmes. I've heard of you'' John said and laughed.

''Come on doctor, let me show you around'' you smiled and walked on the hall, Holmes, Watson and Gladstone following you.

--------------------------------------------

''So, what do you think, doctor?'' you asked once you finished the tour of the house.

''I like it. I will be moving my things here tomorrow morning, if that's alright'' John said.

''Of course it is. By the way, Gladstone is welcomed here too''

''Thank you Miss Hudson'' he smiled.

''Ah, no, no. Miss Hudson is my aunt. I am Y/N'' you informed and he nodded.

''Then I shall see you tomorrow morning. Good bye''he greeted and left.

''What a nice man'' you said and closed the door after him, ''So, any complain about him?'' you turn around and looked at Sherlock.

''Not yet'' he joked and you rolled your eyes, but still cracked a smile.

---------------------------------------

Word count: 630