ch. 10

"Ok, now will you tell us why you were so freaked out earlier?" asked Rocky.

They had just came back from school, Rosie had been unusually quite since she went to get her iPod back from Mr. Mitchell's class.

"Ugh, fine. When I went back to Mr. Mitchell's class to get my iPod, I went to his desk to look for a pass slip, and the plant's over by the window told me to look in his desk-"

"Wait a minute! Did she just say the plants TOLD her to look through his desk?" asked Rachel, who seemed completely surprised.

"Ya, she can communicate with plants. Where have you been?" said Arfie.

Rachel glared at her, "Well excuse me for not being a 'Dream Team expert'! L. didn't inform me that she could do that."

Rosie rolled her eyes at them, "Anyway, so I went into his desk and saw a bunch of glass cases full of butterfly wings," she said as her face had a small look of horror.

"That's it? That's what freaked you out so much?" asked Sharky with an annoyed look.

"Of course it freaked me out! That's like a cereal killer hanging his victims fingers on a plaque!"

"Great, now I'll have that disturbing image haunting me," said Bird Girl, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples.

"I have to agree with Rosie on this, that does seem kinda creepy," said D.G.

"It is a common hobby for humans. You can't judge him on what he does in his spare time," said Lava Girl.

"It's not a hobby, it's murder! Image how it would feel if you had your wings ripped off your back and put on display for a bunch of heartless humans," said Rosie.

Dragon Girl, Vampy, B.G., and Rachel all looked away. All of them, including Rosie have wings, and that is a common fear between them.

"If you want, I'll have L. do a background check on," said Rachel.

"Thank you," said Rosie.

After that, C.B. took Rosie for a walk to help calm her down while everyone else either started on homework or went out for a swim since it was still warm out.