Chapter 5; The Bithday Letter

It has been thirteen years since Anakin first saw Leia and Luke, yet he thinks of that day constantly.
He thinks of his promise. He wants to do what's best for his children, and today is the perfect day.

  "Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to Luke and Leia. Happy Birthday to
you." All of the guests sang in harmony, while Anakin carried the cake towards his children.

  Once the song ended, Luke and Leia blew out the candles of their separate cakes, wishing for totally
different things. Luke's cake was chocolate with green frosting smeared on top. Leia's cake was red
velvet with white frosting roses scattered on top. Shyma made them the same cakes every year, making
things simple.

  They always save their father's gifts for last, for they were always the best. In which case they started
with the gifts from their closest friend, Boba Fett. Leia opened hers first. She got a beautiful chain necklace
with a small charm made of phrik, the strongest material in the universe. Anakin immediately thought of
Padme when he saw it, because he made her a necklace when he first met her. He knew what this meant.
Although he didn't want it to be so, Boba liked Leia. Leia gave Boba a big hug when she saw it.

  "It's beautiful." She said happily, "Thank you! I'll wear it every day."

  Even Luke noticed what was going on, but he decided to move on for now. When Luke opened the small
box from Boba, his best friend, he saw what he had wanted since he was young. A droid battery. He had always
wanted to make his own droid. With help from his friend, that was now possible.

  After all gifts were opened, and they thought things couldn't get better, they looked towards the last gift.
It was a lot smaller than past years. What they saw was an envelope with "Luke and Leia" nicely wrote in cursive.
Leia looked at Luke,then back to the envelope, then back to Luke, asking a question without making a sound; Who's
going to open it?

  "You." Luke said understanding what she asked.

  "You sure?" Leia asked her brother.

  "Yeah, you open it." He responded quickly.

  They both walked to where the last present was. Leia reached out to grab it, on the black table top. When she opened it,
she realized it looked personal so Leia read it just loud enough for her brother to hear.

  Dear Luke and Leia,

  I don't know if you remember this, but six years ago on the day of your seventh birthday party, Leia really summed up
my life, she said that I made some terrible mistakes and that I am trying to make up for them.

  I want you guys to live the life your Mother would want you to. So, I have decided we are going to move to Naboo.
Don't worry you will still be able to hang out with your friends. I just felt like this was the perfect time to get off this Star Destroyer.
Get your bags packed, I want to leave in a few days.

                                               Love, Dad

  Leia and Luke ran over to her father and gave him a big hug when she was done reading. He knew this hug by now, it was a hug of happiness and thankfulness. Most of the guests had been talking to each other, the whole time gifts were being opened. Luke and Leia ran to their room, not knowing they were being followed. They each grabbed their travel bags and started filling them with clothes, when Luke noticed Boba was watching.

  "Hey dude," Luke tried not to think of his gift for Leia, "What's up?"

  "Nothing much." Boba answered sadly.

  Luke could tell something was going on with his friend. "Did he know we are moving? Of course he knew, why else would he be sad. He liked Leia." Luke thought.

  Leia just turned her attention to the boys. "Boba, I love the necklace. Did you make it?" Leia was wondering.

  "Ya, I mechanically carved it." He tried to smile, "I'm happy you like it."

  Luke didn't know what to do, so he went back to packing. Their father walked through the door with his hands full of boxes.

  "Umm," Anakin said when he saw Boba, " you might want these." He sat down the boxes next to his son.

  Once Anakin exited the room Boba whispered in Leia's ear, "I was wondering if you'd like to go out to eat, tomorrow?"

  "I'd love to," Leia quietly responded.

  When Luke heard her respond, he could easily guess what question she was asked. He did not like this. Luke wondered, if is his best friend was using him, to get to his sister?" Leia was also asking herself questions. "If Boba really likes me, than how can we date, while I'm on Naboo?" However, both Leia and Luke had the same question storming through their head; Would Boba still be friends with Luke?

  Before Boba left the room, Luke walked up to him, and whispered in his ear, "How?"

  Boba quickly understood and quietly asked, "Where?"

  Luke hadn't realized he didn't know where they were going. "Naboo."

  Boba gave Luke a swift wink and left the room. Luke turned to Leia. Leia looked at him, knowing he knew what happened. Leia looked deep into Luke's beautiful sky blue eyes. As he looked into her dark brown eyes, their father entered the room. They shifted their eyes toward him.

  "So, umm, what's going on?" Anakin asked.

  "Well, a lot." Luke grinned and looked to Leia.

  With all eyes on her, she decided she had a lot to say. "Boba asked me out for food tomorrow."

  After a moment he said, "Congrats, I guess," Anakin tried not to show any emotion, "I mean it was quite obvious he likes you."

  "Yeah, with the homemade necklace." Luke continued.

  "When I was young, I made a homemade necklace for Padme." Anakin recalled. "Anyways, are you guys are already packed?"

  "Yeah, are you and Shyma packed?" Luke asked.

  "Yes, I guess we'll get going early." Anakin said.

  He was excited to continue the family, where Padme wanted to. He couldn't stop thinking about her.