Chapter 1 : The Beginning

Note : Bold Italic statements enclosed within '#' like '# statement #' are system messages or similar type of messages 

Proodread by Compass96
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why the hell are you still sleeping? Today’s your first day of college. Leave already.”

He had been awake since 25 minutes ago but he had been too lazy to leave the bed. However, upon hearing his mom’s voice, he knew that he would be late if he slept anymore. Not that he cared, but he didn’t want to get another scolding from her after getting one last night.

“Yes mom, I am awake now.”

After getting ready, he came to the breakfast table. He didn’t want to eat the sandwich in front of him but had no choice, so he sat silently. His mom came in, bringing a glass of milk for him.

“Rohit, you are 16 years old now. You need to know that life these days isn’t easy. You won’t get a job easily if you don’t study hard. Look at you, you threw away the chance to get into one of the IITs and now you have to make do with this University of Mumbai.”

“Yes mom, I know. I will work hard these next four years.”

“No, you don’t know. You have disappointed your father…”

As soon as he heard those words, he left the table and stormed out of home with his college bag and his iPod. He knew that he had disappointed his father and that was why every night he and his parents had fought, as they were too concerned about his future.

However, it was not like Rohit was stupid. In fact, Rohit was smart. Smart enough to pass the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) entrance exam where only 7000-8000 students are selected out of 600,000 students on average. He could even have easily topped the exam, but he purposely didn’t do it because he didn’t want to be called a nerd.

He had been bullied a lot in high school because of his intelligence and his slim body with less than proportional weight compared to his height of 171 centimeters. Yes, his photo would have been published on the first page in the newspaper if he had topped, but he had his own unique thinking.

His parents knew how smart he was. Thus, they couldn’t believe the result that he couldn’t get in. Perhaps, that was why they scolded him every night for ruining his own life.

*

Black magicians used to be one of a kind. They were born with magic power inside of them. They could do almost anything. But their magic was limited by their physical strength and their willpower. To put simply, a weak man with more willpower is a more powerful magician than a physically strong man with no will power of his own.

They were just ‘born’ with power and not ‘made’. When they cast magic, they didn’t need to do incantations. Just thinking about what they wanted was more than enough to do it.

They could not stop time or bring huge natural disasters, but they were strong enough to defeat 10-20 men of a village by themselves. They used magic to slow their opponents, make themselves a little faster temporarily, blind their opponents momentarily, etc.

The era of black magicians started a long time ago when they suddenly started showing their powers in a country named Hastinapura ruled by King Dushyanta. When he heard the powers of so called magicians, the king summoned them as asked them to show their powers.

There were 17 black magicians and they were asked to fight 200 criminals in a death battle. The magicians won easily. The king noticed that they got surrounded by black aura when they cast their magic and hence named them Black Magicians.