Into The Fire

Epilogue

Seven Years Later

"Babe I'm home!" I hear the door open.

"Finally, Fae has been crying for you all day," I get up a little too fast.

"Roni are you okay?" My husband comes rushing over to me.

"Yup, I just have to be more careful getting up," I tell him.

Ben makes sure I'm stable before kissing my lips, I smile in the kiss and wrap my arms around his shoulder, deepening the kiss.

I break the kiss due to Fae beginning to cry again.

"I think that's your cue," I tell him, grinning.

Ben walks over to the play pen, picking up our daughter.

"Have you been a good girl for mommy?" Ben speaks to Fae in a baby voice.

"She was a very good girl, she let me take a half hour nap and I got to clean up a bit before she began missing you," I wrap my arms around Ben's waist.

"A half hour nap? That's not a lot," Ben comments.

"It's a lot considering the little sleep I've gotten the past few months,"

Ben turns around, facing me.

"I can't believe Fae's going to be a big sister," Ben holds her in one arm, feeling my bump.

"Oh ow," I feel the baby girl in my stomach kick.

"I felt that," Ben smiles down at me.

I put my hand over Ben's hand.

"She knows her daddy's hand,"

Ben smile bright.

"I love you," Ben pecks my lips.

"I love you too Ben,"

"And I love youuuu," He kisses Fae.

Fae giggles and moves his face.

"I can't believe she's a year old," I speak.

"I know, it seems like just yesterday she was born,"

We hear a knock on the door, I go to get it but Ben stops me.

"You should sit down, I'll get the door," Ben says, putting Fae on the ground.

"Alright," I sit down, making faces at Fae.

"You're going to be a big sister Fae," I smile at her.

Fae smiles back at me, picking up a toy.

"Look who stopped by," Ben says.

I see my mom and dad enter the room, smiling at me.

"Hey mom, hey dad," I smile. "I'd get up to hug you but I just sat down,"

"It's okay hun, how's my little angel doing?" Mom goes over to Fae, picking her up.

I laugh as Ben offers mom and dad a drink.

"So how's the baby in your stomach doing?" My dad asks.

"So far she's doing well, she's due for December fourteenth," I tell him.

"Gosh, I can't believe you're going to be a mother of two," My dad grins.

"I know,"

Mom and dad visit with us for a while, and now we're just walking them out.

"Bye, love you guys," I hug them both.

The door closes, Ben and I head into the living room with Fae.

"God Roni, I can't believe how long we've been together," Ben looks at me.

"I can, I knew you were the one from the start," I tell him.

"No you didn't, at the beginning you disliked me," Ben chuckles.

"Okay maybe a few weeks into the start I knew you were the one," I giggle.

"I knew there was something special about you," He pecks my lips.

I pick Fae up and put her in her crib. Ben walks into the bedroom behind us, closing the door.

I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Ben enters, brushing his teeth as well.

"Look you have a toothpaste moustache," I mumble while brushing.

"So do you," Ben points, spitting a bit.

"That is just nasty," I give him a look.

"You love it," He winks.

"Keep telling yourself that," I spit into the sink.

"I will," He spits as well.

"Okay get out so I can pee," I tell Ben.

"Eye eye captain,"

"You're weird," I laugh, closing the door.

I pee and wash my face. I exit the bathroom and Ben helps me into bed.

Ben brings me close to him, I hold his hand in mine.

"I love you," Ben kisses my forehead.

"I love you too, I always will love you,"

"We're forever,"

It's been seven years since Ben and I were in high school. Since Ben hurt me. He kept all of his promises, he has shown me each and everyday that he loves and cherishes me.

Three years ago he gave me a new promise ring, he promised me a life's worth of love and affection, and that one day we will have a family. Maybe three months later, Ben proposed to me, he had taken me out for dinner with my parents and his, they were all in on it, it was one of the most magical nights ever, because I could spend the night with the love of my life and our families.

Two years ago Ben and I got married, a month later Ben and I found our I was pregnant, nine months later we had Fae, which was the most amazing day in my life.

I don't know what Cindy is doing these days. We never really kept in touch after high school, I hope she's doing something great with her life.

As I grew over the years, I have learned to forgive Jessica, and I truly hope she is doing good.

My life turned out pretty great, I hope for the best for my family. I can't wait to see what life has to offer me.