Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Sophia & Torment

Torment’s POV

There stood GOD! In front of my eyes, I could not believe I was standing in front of him, for real. He was an old enemy, but now, I had no idea.

“Thank you.” Was all he said. My eyes widened, and I realized Sophia was kneeling, but considering I had no idea what he was to me anymore, I stayed standing.

“You two have defeated my number one enemy in the universe, and I thank you. You will be escorted to the dorms, as I hope you stay here for a while.”

“But wait! I have one question, your majesty.” Sophia exclaimed.

“Yes, Sophia?” God looked at Sophia, but it seemed more like he was peering into the depths of her own soul; wait, our soul.

“Why didn’t you answer Daniel and mine’s prayers?”

“I did not answer your calls, for the two of you had to sort the problem out yourselves. I am powerful, but I am not able to mess with destiny and fate.”

And with those words, some guards lead us to our rooms. But Sophia wanted to go to the library, as supposedly it was amazing and there was a book she wanted to see. Something about if it was still there, although in reality I had no idea what she was talking about. Therefore she dragged me down the hallway, ranting about some amazing book that is magical and tells you anything you need to know, you just think a question, and open it to a random page you’re your eyes closed, and it tells you what you need to do.

And she said she had a very important question for the book.

Sophia’s POV

“We, Sophia & Torment, ask what we are to do next with our lives.”

The books pages flipped and flipped until they stopped after a moment. The book was so big and heavy, it wasn’t even funny. And there at the top of the page, in bold letters read….

Kill God.

Torment looked at me with wide eyes.

“Why?” She asked, and the pages flipped again.

Sophia, the angel with half a soul from heaven, and Torment, the demon with half a soul from hell, together, you must kill God. We can not explain, nor can we reveal any other information. You must follow your heart.

Let’s just say, we fled from Heaven like the universe would perish any moment.

--

It had been 3 days since the Devil died and we left Heaven… So far, everything was well. But Torment and I had learned something… Not only was the Devil to die in this, but all the demons looked to her. Especially as she was considered one of his murderers, therefore she gained the superior control of all in Hell, but she didn’t want to go back. She and I had to kill God.

It was a crazy task, to be honest, but we knew we had to do it in order for the scale to be once again balanced. We wanted to start a new world, but that would mean war first.

In the new world, there would be no Heaven, and there would be no Hell. There would be Earth, and the afterlife, which led to being reborn. Although, we were going to have no angels and no demons, they would be born into humans, and the human’s soul would never actually die. The soul would be reborn limitless amount of times.

The squeak from student’s sneakers on the polished floor broke my back to reality. The bell had rung, and class was over. I had no reason really to continue with school anymore, as I needed to prepare myself for the war with God, but I stayed so I could keep contact with Tyler. There was no way I wanted him to be left in the dust, and in the past. But the truth was, I didn’t know if I would see him after the war started. For all I know, he’d die… and it would be selfish of me to bring back the dead. We can not bring back those who will die in this war, that Torment knows for sure, but they can choose to join the new world, but they can not be forced, that would be against the peace rule and free will to do so. In the new world, we plan to have that too. Humans will always reunite with their loves.