Chapter 6

Sophia & Torment

Chapter 6

Torment’s POV

A storm was reeling in. I decided I should get to land. I flew as quickly as I could back to the earth, to home. As I landed on the roof, a clap of thunder broke out in the sky. “God is not happy today,” I roll my eyes.

Suddenly then, that stupid flash of lightning goes straight down to the ground near Sophia’s home in the city. I know immediately who it hits as pain courses through my body and I collapse, the world turning black. Why must this always happen? Is my last thought.

--

Sophia’s POV

My eyes slowly open to a bright white ceiling, my eyes immediately snapping shut again. Ow. My head hurt, and that was bright man. I tried to move my hand to cover my eyes so I could re-open them, but my arm was numb and I couldn’t move it. I couldn’t feel any of my body.

It was almost as if I was dead. But I just knew I wasn’t. And even if I had died, God would probably send me straight back to Earth… Unless of course, I didn’t go back to Heaven. But why would that happen? My thoughts needed to stop being so, so… insane!

I opened my eyes once more, and forced them to stay open even if it hurt. I looked around as my eyes adjusted, and blinked a couple times.

I believe I was laying in the hospital room. I finally noticed the beeping of them keeping an eye on my heart beat. I listened as it picked up a little. I looked to see a doctor writing on a clip board, and a sleeping Daniel. Why was he always sleeping at places like this?

I watched as the doctor, or nurse, stood and left the room rather silently. As soon as the door clicked shut, Daniel’s eyes opened.

“Sophia. Are you okay? I was so worried- wait. You asked for this yourself. What were you doing outside? How stupid can you be?” He began speaking. My head spun as each word sunk into my skull. 

“Sorry.” My voice sounded so soft, I doubt he heard it.

He stood up so fast, the chair almost fell backwards. “Sorry doesn’t cut it anymore, Sophia. Grow up.” He snapped, and stomped outside.

I sighed, my breath shaky, as I slowly slid up into a sitting position. I was freezing cold, and almost as if someone read my mind, a nurse stepped in with some heated blankets, and covered me up. “Thank you.” I whispered, my voice not too loud. “You’re welcome,” She nods, little string-lets of curly brown hair falling in her face as she did so. She was fairly pretty.

She smiles at me, blue eyes sparkling as she left the room.

I giggled, but a cough hacked out of me. I noticed a window to my right, and looked out. I looked back at the door, then at the window again. And there stood Torment, fury dark in her eyes. She didn’t look very good. My eyes widened with fear, and the beeps picked up quickly, causing her to smile. She vanished, and re appeared in the chair, smirking at me. “So, what smart idea was that? Getting us hit by lightning? Did you do that on purpose, you little brat? You shouldn’t make me angry, you know.” She snarled rudely, glaring at me, eyes blood red.

She was even more pale than normal, and her lips were pale and puffy, curly ringlets all frizzy and ruined, whereas normally she looked deadly, yet pretty.

This version of Torment scared me. And then it hit me. I probably looked a lot like her right now; for I remembered when the shadows attacked she got injured to. That’s why she stopped shooting fireballs at me. If one of us gets hurt, we both get hurt.