Chapter 5; Team Work? No.

Chapter 5

Torment’s POV

--

“Sophia. What a pleasant surprise to see you leave the safety of your brother. You should know I’ve been following you since last Monday. I know everything, now I am sorry for when the shadow’s knocked you out, they weren’t thinking as it knocked me, their queen, out too.” I snarled, disgusted by the shadows. I sent them back down, but invited a few today, in case Sophia tried to escape my grasp.

“Who the hell are you?” The boy snaps, stepping forward. “Tell him to shut up or I’ll send the shadow’s for him, girlie, will ya?” I smile, tilting my head creepily at Sophia.

“Leave him out of this!” She shouts at me. Her anger surprises me. “Well, this will be quite entertaining. So you hand it over, or I will use force.” I explain, not trying to reveal anything to the idiot nearby.

“No. I will not hand it over willingly. You’re going to have to catch me to use force, somewhere the shadows can’t go.” She glanced at the sky before bolting away from me and diving off the cliff. She was right though. The shadows couldn’t follow her up there. It was too close to Heaven. Only I would be able to go. Damn it, I thought. Waste of the shadows.

I bolted after her, wings slicing through the air as I dove off the side, flying quickly towards her. Her strong wings were a little faster than mine though. My hands burst into flames. I began to shoot at her, but stopped realizing if she was going down, we were both going down. Dammit. That made it harder to use force. I flapped my wings frantically.

I whipped towards her, speeding as fast as I could. “SOPHIA!” I screamed.

I was getting tired. “Please. Let’s just go somewhere quiet and talk.”

She began to fly backwards. “And why should I trust you?”

“Do you trust yourself, is the real question.”

--

Sophia’s POV

It was really deep of her to say that. Do I actually trust myself? If she meant this half of the soul, then yes. Her half? Absolutely not!

But yet, anyways, I still flew closer to her, and we sat on a cloud across from each other.

“I have a question for you,” She asks suddenly after a moment of silence.

“Shoot away.” I mutter.

“Has God helped you in the past month?” She asks, looking at me.

I look back with the same seriousness. “No…” I admit.

“Hmmm… Now see, that’s interesting. Both our fathers have stopped helping us in our time of need. So here is what I propose……..”

“No. I don’t want to team up on anything.” I stand up quickly, and step off the cloud, hanging in the air. “But, wait-“ She begins, but my wings have a mind of their own. I fly away quickly, back to the mountain. As I am flying by Tyler, I pick him up with my strong arms and fly down the mountain. “Go home.” I tell him, giving him the keys as I set him by the car. “Wait,” He begins to say as I go to fly away. “WHAT WILL YOU DO?” He shouts after me. “Can’t say!” I shout back, and continue flying. I zoom towards home, even if I know Torment won’t follow me. She’s too dumbfounded.

I reach my house quickly, from flying up in the sky.

I dive down quickly, landing in the back yard as a storm starts. My wings zip into my back as I bolt indoors. “Where the hell were you?” Daniel asks.

“Flying away from Torment,” I breathe heavily. That wasn’t totally a lie.

“Oh.” Is the only word that leaves Daniel’s mouth.

After a moment of awkward silence, I leave the room. “You’re grounded!” He calls after me.

“God, please keep her safe.” I hear his silent prayers, and I frown. Maybe Torment was right. Maybe we do need to come together and work against both forces, and start our own team.

Wait. No. That’s too crazy, it would never work, Torment must have hit her head.

That’s like turning against the universe!

I slammed the door behind me as I entered my room, and I threw myself onto my bed, sobbing.

What the hell was going on?!

-------

Is this what Torment always felt like? I never really understood it, not that I really cared. But it felt like Hell right now. I snuck out of my window, and flew down from the porch, landing softly on the mushy earth. The ground was wet from rain, and my hair and clothes were sticking to my skin. It was pouring like mad from the weather.  Instead of flames, it was rain.

I thought of the song “If you’re going through hell, keep on going.” So to calm my nerves as I walked down the street, I began singing the song softly.

“If you’re going through hell, keep on going. Don’t slow down; if you’re scared don’t show it. You might get out, before the devil even knows your there.” I sing the chorus.

Torment’s POV

I could feel her half singing, and instantly I recognized the song, so I sang the other chorus, smiling. “If you’re going through hell, keep on moving. Face that fire, Walk right through it. You might get out, before my father even knows your there.” Although, I did alter some lyrics. :D

Sophia’s POV again

I was nearing the mountain, so I broke into a run towards it. I had no idea what I was going to do, but I ran faster, and before I knew it, I didn’t need to jump off that cliff anymore. I was already flying in the storm, through the clouds. I knew it wouldn’t get worse. Today had been freaking Looney.

That’s when I got struck by lightning. 

--

I'm sorry, I know this chapter was really short! I didn't want it to be, but you know, whatever. Not much I can do when I am just going through whatever. Anyways, I thought the song idea was really appropraite, and please, I know some of you might like voting more than comments. But please, do me a favour. I'd rather you comment. I won't upload again until I get at least 6 comments! And one person's six comments don't count. It has to be one comment from six different people. I know you people can do it, it's not that fair. Oh and another rule, the comment has to be a real comment. You must talk about the story somehow, or it does not count. So comment away people! :D 

Love you, and thanks for reading this book. It's just getting interesting for me to write now -evil smirk- some more drama has entered the world of Sophia and Torment....