Ch. 18 - Fire and Water

~ CHAPTER 18 - FIRE AND WATER ~

After turing and tossing in my bed, trying to find a comfortable position for hours. And with the sun shining straight at my face I finally gave up and opened my eyes.

Hold on. This is not my room, this is the cafe.

Looking around I could see all the over full buckets and the burned out candles spread all over the cafe. I guess the storm must have gotten so bad I didn't get home so I slept on a table. And that's why my back hurts like hell.

"Good morning" Joshua greeted me as he walked out of the kitchen holding two cups of steaming coffee.

"Wow you are in a good mood" I said confused of why he would be this happy after the devastating storm. "oh. thanks" I said as he handed me one of the cups.

"Well, I did damage check up of the cafe and it seems like nothing got to badly mess up so that it can't be fixed. Actually this is probably the biggest problem" he pointed towards the leaking roof. "We're lucky we wasn't closer to the sea"

"Shit. Nate. I have to go and check on him, I sorry, I'll see you later." I said as I rushed out of the door leaving the coffee behind.

The closer I got to the sea the worse my gut feeling got. The houses were falling apart, most of them soaked in water and in pieces. Old houses like theses didn't stand that much, one of the reasons the cafe made it was due to it being recently rebuild.

Once I got closer to the shop I could see the consequences of the storm. Nates parents were carring buckets full of water trying to save as much as possible of the remaining building.

''Hey'' I said to Nates mother.

'''He's inside'' she gesturd for me to go futher in.

''Nate?'' I said as I got futher in. The water was reaching my ankles and things were floating around. ''Oh holy shit, this is bad'' my voice barley a whisper as I ducked under a fallen beam.

''Wini?''

''Oh please don't call me that'' I said as I turned to face Nate. A small laugh escaped my lips at the sight of him. His hair was a mess and was falling in his eyes, water beams glissned on his skin and smodges of dirt were all over him.

''Oh really you think this is funny'' he said with a smirk gesturing at himself.

''A bit'' covering my mouth with my hand.

He must have seen the wide grin I tried to hide because the next thing I knew was that he just had splashed me with water. My shirt had now see through spotts all over the front and my lips tasted salt water.

"Oh, you didn't" I said as I bent down to splash water back at him.

He just laughed at my lame atempt to get revenge as he managed to create this huge wave that had the whole of me soaked.

Realizing that I was never going to win this battle I ran like a coward and tried to escape the water he threw at me. It didn't go that well because he chased me down and not being able to see while runing in a house full of things lying around isn't the best way to go about it. So of course my foot got stuck on something and I fell.

Luckily for me Nate was close enough to get a hold of my waist but it was to late and his actions resulted in both of us hitting the cold water.

Resurfaceing I turend around to face him straddeling his lap.

"Well thank you for tryig to recue me" I said with a small smile on my face and reached up to remove a strand of hair that was dripping in his eyes.