Ch. 4 - Graduation Day

~ CHAPTER 4 - GRADUATION DAY ~

Today's the day. My last day in school, and my last day before I have to go back to that tiny town and meet my dad. Lying in bed thinking about it, I could feel my mood dropping even before I got out of bed.

This last week had come and went, it was insane how fast time moved when you dreaded the future. I still hadn't found something to wear, even though the girls had reminded me every five minutes that I needed to get a dress. It just didn't feel right to play dress up the last day here.

I mean why put up an effort when I probably wouldn't ever see these people again. They had seen me everyday the last eight years looking like me so why bother to try and doll up for the last day, and even if I did, why would they remember that one day and not one of the other million days they had seen me.

Getting out of bed, grabbing some black jeans hanging over a chair and a loose fitting tank top with a denim vest on top I made my way to the kitchen. Lazily eating some cereals while looking at the panicked girls running around looking for who knows what, while multitasking by brushing their hair, teeth or texting.

A loud scream could be heard.

"Oh, shit, I'm sooo sorry" a girl spoke, but no remorse what so ever could be found in her voice. With out even looking I knew it was Belle.

"You bitch, I can't believe you so did that on purpose. Just because I look better in the same dress as your friend Leslie, dosen't mean you can ruin my dress." the other girl spoke, you could hear the anger in her voice. Belle just squinted her eyes a bit, and as she walked past the girl who was now dripping wet, Belle bumped her shoulder hard into the other girl's.

Leslie was kindest of us all, and well Belle was the opposite. So therefore whenever something bad happened to Leslie, Belle was the one to take action and sometimes Sahara helped too.

As the ring of people that had formed around them started to dissolve, I put the bowl in the sink and continued to get ready.

-*-*-

My ass was starting to hurt. It felt like we've been sitting here for days.

The graduation ceremony was soon finally over, after performances, speeches and awards, they had finally started calling names and handing out white rolls of paper.

They called for my class, all of us walking to the stage and in alphabetic order they called our names and handed us a paper.

First up was Lauren, then came Sahara and shortly after was Leslie.

''Winifred Reynolds'' our principal called. I walked up a few steps onto the stage.

I could feel the judging stairs burning my back as I walked. I was the only one in normal clothes. All girls wore nice dresses and not even the laziest boys wore jeans today. Well, except for the girl, Belle accidentally spilled on, she wore a skirt and a blouse, the dress couldn't be saved.

Taking the rolled piece of paper shaking the principal's hand, I walked to the rest of my class as the name of the boy behind me was called out.

Mckenzie was last to get her paper and to shake hands with the principal. We listened to another speech and then we moved the tassel on our hats from the left side to the right and then we threw them in the air as the principal announced that we all had graduated.

-*-*-

We all had celebrated for a while, then we went to, what was supposed to be the best party ever.

And here we were all getting wasted and everyone was dancing. Celebrating and having a great time, well everyone exept me. I was sitting stiffly on a couch, while a couple was making out next to me. At least I though they were a couple, as they seemed to try to eat the eachothers faces.

I needed to get out of here.

I left to my room got my already packed bags and left campus without a second glance. I arrived at the train station booked a seat on the night train to my home town.

The train came, I got on, took my seat and dosed right of. After a couple of hours I arrived at my doorstep. Opening the unlocked front door I step into my house, we probably should start looking the front door, who knows, anyone could get in. For the first time for over eight years I was standing in our hallway. Not having the energy to look around the house, I went up stairs to my room threw my bags on the floor and jumped onto my bed.

I let out a loud ''Oumf'' as I hit the floor. What the heck! Wasn't my bed supposed to be here? Fumbling around in the dark, trying to find my bed, I managed to walk into tons of different hard objects. When I finally located the bed, my legs was covered in bruises and my back hurt from hitting the floor.

Once again not bothering to undress I sat carefully on the bed making sure it was real, before I laid down and allowing darkness to surround me.