~Seventeen~

Your POV
"Money? What money?" Sarah Lupul, our main suspect in our investigation, asked with confusion. I was almost certain that she was out Grim Reaper and that she was playing us, but I had to put my personal views aside and listen to her.

Levi pushed her financials with the large deposits, over ten thousand dollars each in cash, highlighted in yellow along with their date towards her. Sarah eyed down at the paper, looking at it while keeping her head still. She softly swallowed, almost nervously, but still maintained her oblivious composure.

"These deposits are over ten grand each." He told her flatly, lightly tapping his finger over the amounts. "In cash, meaning that you personally put them in your account."

She let out a soft sigh before she opened her mouth, closing it for a moment afterwards to collect her thoughts. "And..." She hesitantly began, her original and timid behavior beginning to surface, "why are these so important to you guys?"

"These deposits happened to be put into your account a few days before the murders of the Grim Reaper happened." I explained to her, folding my arms across my chest.

"The Grim Reaper? The guy who killed an entire police squadron?" She asked frightfully as her chocolate eyes grew wider.

"Yes. The Reaper was also involved in a murder a few weeks ago-"

"Look," Sarah interrupted, "this isn't what it looks like!" She leans forward and has her hands up defensively, occasionally shaking them to deny our suspicions. "I'm no killer, and I'm not the Grim Reaper! I got a special bonus when these murders happened on my desk in an envelope."

"From who?" Levi asked, leaning forward in intrigue.

"I don't know. It was always blank and they would happen randomly. I swear I did not kill anyone!"

She was persistent, I'll give her that, but I still have my doubts. I don't believe her at all.

"So, you just randomly got cash just a few days people die via a sniper rifle?" I asked, shaking me head slightly in disbelief of her story.

"Yes! I swear!"

"Ms. Lupul, you also happen to own a Zastava M76." Levi mentioned to her, putting the financial papers back in the file.

"Yeah? I got it as a gift from a friend of mine. He helped me get it registered." She paused for a minute, glancing back and forth between my and Levi's face. "Wait, don't tell me the killer used the same gun!"

Levi and I nodded our heads simultaneously.

"You can check my gun! I never used it. My friend gave it to me and I never ever shot it!" She raised her voice, sounding very defensive almost to the point of getting aggressive.

"We will, you can count on it." Levi said quietly as he returned all the papers back into the file, neatly organizing them just as they were before, and closed it. Sarah let out a soft, yet shaky, sigh as she leaned back in the chair, crossing her arms as a worried look crossed her face.

"I swear... I'm being framed here." She claimed in a quiet voice, looking up at us with fear in her eyes.

We didn't reply to her, we didn't know what to say to that. If she was being framed, which was unlikely, who would be the person framing her? I bet she was saying this just to throw us off her trail, she has to be the Grim Reaper. All of the evidence that we have so far points to her, and she's deliberately trying to mislead us.

We sat in silence and she looked at us with pleading eyes, as if this would prove her innocence. There was one more thing we had to inquire about before we could rule her out entirely, if she was telling the truth in the first place: her alibi.