~Eight~

Your POV
A couple of weeks had past, my fever disappeared after a couple of days, and there was still no sign of any of the Bishopps. This waiting game was getting old as was my partner, who was determined to drag me along with this using his rank to keep me coming.

We entered the same cafe who had now learned out disguised names and sat in the same booth and the same time. This routine was almost as easy as breathing. I brought the computer not only to do a bit more research, but to occupy my time in the never ending wait while Levi kept watch.

We have memorized the faces of the people we are looking for, which was anyone in the Bishopp and now the Claymore family. Those faces haven't been near us at all, giving me the thought that they might've left New York all together.

I threw the idea at Levi, but he greatly doubted it as they all had somewhat stable jobs here already, so why would they just pack up and leave. He did have a point, and I tried to argue with him about it, but I got nowhere. I went along with him against my will and continued searching as I always did for who we needed.

Today, however, was finally going to be my saving grace. Levi and I sat in silence, glancing from face to face. Eventually, we landed on one face we had a strong feeling about and were desperately looking for: Alaya Claymore Bishopp.

She was wearing a lose, yet fancy, shirt and black silk pants. She had dark brown hair pulled up into a bun with two hair pins in an X formation crossing through it. Alaya had emerald eyes that shone just as bright as the diamond necklace and bracelet on her neck and small wrists. She had a business atmosphere around her, nothing like a typical medical student. I did find some information that she was a business manager's assistant while she went to school, making me almost feel sorry for her.

"Luke." I whispered across the table. "That's Alaya over by the entrance. What do we do?"

"We talk to her." He blandly stated. " Invite her to come over."

"Why me? I've never done this before!"

"So? You've never done a hostage situation and you managed to figure that out."

"Yeah, and one nearly got killed."

"You didn't. The captor nearly got that person-"

"You know what I mean moron!" I clenched my hand into a fist before sighing away my stress. "All I'm saying is that I don't wanna screw it up, got it?" I snapped back at him. His eyebrows squinted and his eyes narrowed, giving me a look of utter annoyance. He gave out an exasperated sigh and furiously left the table to go talk to Alaya.

The conversation they seemed to be having shortly after he approached her was too soft and drowned out in the other voices of the cafe. To be honest, I wanted to listen in and hear what was going on to more or less learn what to do for next time, but I don't think that would be possible. After what felt like an eternity, both Levi and Alaya came over to the table, still carrying a semi-friendly conversation that wasn't the type Levi and I would have. I found myself getting slightly jealous, although I don't think that I should've.

"So you're a medical student and an assistant?" Levi spoke with genuine interest that I could tell was false. He doesn't care about much let alone about other people. "That's gotta be hard."

"Yeah," Alaya began, her voice as smooth as silk, "it's definitely not easy, but my employer pays well, so that's helping me get past medical school. I'll tell you one thing, he's a bit of an ass. He won't give me a break, except for my like, two second coffee break. He's always piling crap up on my desk and telling me to get mountains of work done in minutes! No way in hell can a normal person do that!"