~Sixteen~

Your POV
Levi and I were both rather caught off guard by what he said. Sarah Lupul? The desk worker was the one here trying to stop this whole investigation? It was rather suspicious behavior, but we don't really have any evidence against her right now. This discovery just lead us to even more questions. Why her? How does she fit in? Does she actually fit in someway? We didn't know now, but hopefully we would soon.

I glanced at Levi and gestured him to talk privately away from the lawyer. We walked over to the entrance of the foyer, just to the side of the doors so people could still get in.

"Sarah Lupul? Seriously? The one that has no connection to my dad, to your squad, or to my mom? It doesn't make sense." I told him honestly. She didn't fit the profile. "What about Bishopp? We still haven't really heard anything about him."

"Sarah is in ownership of he sniper rifle that was used to kill my squad and your mother." He informed me, letting out a sigh.

"Okay, but that doesn't explain my dad. It was a guy. I remember-"

"Well maybe you don't. I'm sorry (y/n), but time can change memories." He interrupted me, shaking his head slightly but keeping his eyes on mine.

"Levi you remember the day that your squad was killed, right?"

"Yes, but that was only a couple years ago, much more recent than what happened to you. Look, this isn't the place to argue, but the evidence shows that Lupul is our killer." Levi then walked away from me towards the elevator to go and talk with Sarah, I assumed. I sighed and followed him, feeling hurt that he didn't believe me. He... hasn't really believed me the whole investigation about what happened to me that day.

I tried to push the thought out of my mind as we headed up in the elevator to talk with Ms. Lupul. The doors opened after a few seconds and we went out onto her work floor in pursuit of her. We looked around the room and couldn't seem to find her, so we went over to a desk near the elevator to speak with the woman behind it, who knows and checks in every employee that comes into the floor.

"Excuse me," I asked as I approached, "do you know if Sarah Lupul came in today?"

The woman behind the desk looked up at me and shook her head. "No, she took today off. She said that she wasn't feeling well."

"Can we please have her address?" Levi spoke up as he leaned on the wall separating us from the desk.

"Do you have a warrant?" She snobbishly replied, a smug look taking her face.

"It's just an address, we don't have time for this. She's potentially responsible for multiple homicides!" I replied to her, noticing how I was sounding a little aggressive. I just wanted to get this case done and over with.

"Well, what she's done is not my concern. If you want her information, you'll have to-"

"Look, I need to know her address before she kills someone again!" I interrupted her, snapping unintentionally. She seemed to freeze, nervous about my aggression towards her.

"Hey, back off (l/n)." Levi whispered softly to me as he put a hand on my shoulder, pulling me back from the desk. "But she is right. Please, it'll save everyone some trouble." The woman behind the counter shakily nodded her head and pulled up Sarah Lupul's address. She printed it out and handed it to us. I took the paper and thanked her for her cooperation, also apologizing for my behavior in the previous few moments. She shrugged it off and understood where I was coming from.

We quickly departed from the building and drove over to Lupul's home, which surprisingly nice for someone who works as an office worker at a medicine company. It was large and, knowing New York prices, incredibly expensive.