~Fifteen~

Your POV
I rushed off to my room and swiftly changed out of my work clothes, now ready to begin my search for the perfect outfit. I generally wasn't one to spend too much time focusing on my appearance, but if I'm going on a lunch date with Levi, I should probably clean up slightly. I opened up my still neatly organized drawers and began my quest for the best look. It didn't take me all that long; a nice, long sleeved (f/c) shirt and some dark dress pants was perfect.

As I started putting on my clothing, I gradually began  to feel butterflies fluttering around my stomach, a feeling I was not used to. Was I over dressing? Was I underdressing? What if Levi hates this? Why am I asking all of these questions? My mind was in complete disarray as my positive thoughts collided with my questions and scenarios. This wasn't anything like me, and to be fair it was strange.

I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out, calming a few of my overactive thoughts. I finished getting dressed and began working on the hard part... Makeup.

I hardly ever dress up nice, mostly since I was at the academy and now in my job, and I wasn't the little girl to dabble in it like most would. I went into the bathroom and pulled out the small makeup bag that I had hidden in one of the cabinets, though I can't really be sure if it was 'hidden' since Levi cleans everywhere. I pulled out the few makeup items that the bag contained and began my work.

I just lightly 'cleaned up' my face before going back out into my room. I double checked everything I had on and everything I needed, wanting to try and avoid needing something in the future during our date.

I couldn't believe I actually was going to lunch with him, and not just as a co-worker anymore, I was something more- no, we were something more. I let out a soft, yet brief, sigh as I straightened out my clothing and opened the door leading to where Levi was. He too dressed up as well, wearing an open black suit jacket with a white shirt and jeans. He looked really nice, for some reason it caught me off guard.

"Hey Luke- I-I mean, Levi, or should I still call you Luke?" I stuttered like a complete idiot. Way to go (y/n)... Make yourself look stupid: check. Levi glanced at me and shook his head, a soft breathy chuckle escaping his lips.

"Until the investigation is completely over, call me Luke." He replied in a slightly more gentle voice than he normally would when speaking with me. It was actually rather nice, making me smile.

"Okay, so.... Ready?" I ask with nervousness dripping from my tone of voice. I couldn't deny how anxious I was about this, even though I felt like there was nothing for me to be worried about. Levi seemed to pick up on it and came over to me, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Why are you so nervous?" He inquired in a deeper voice as he got close, his dark blue eyes looking into mine. I felt my cheeks heat up swiftly, turning them a dark red, and my heart's pace quicken. I wasn't used to seeing this side of him, he was flirtatious and gentle at the same time, yet there was still the same Levi that I knew in there. It was strange, but pleasant at the same time.

I couldn't get the words out of my mouth and began to stutter uncontrollably. My mind was racing almost as much as my heart, this closeness wasn't letting me think straight. I felt like had to do something, but I was paralyzed by this. It was driving me insane.

He softly chuckled at my stammering and took a step back, removing his hand from my shoulder. "Sorry, I just wanted to tease you." He replies with a sigh and his voice back to the way it was.

"Was that necessary?" I asked with confusion, wondering why he suddenly changed. Did I do something wrong? Did he lose interest all of the sudden? What was going to happen if he stayed that way? Why am I thinking about this right now? I quickly tried to push these questions out of my head as I awaited for an answer.