~Fourteen~

Your POV
The day began like any other, the heinous alarm ringing it's awful tone for my day to begin. I felt around my nightstand for it and practically slammed it off. I laid in bed for a few more minutes in a vain attempt to fall back asleep. Quickly realizing that it wasn't going to happen, I rubbed my eyes tiredly and stretched while laying flat on my back.

I lethargically opened my lead-like eyes and sat up, glancing around my room so my eyes could adjust to the lighting. It was surprisingly dark for the time I was getting up, making me think that I accidentally set my alarm for too early. I didn't, it was just really dark outside.

I got out of bed and went over to the window to pull back a curtain. The sky was a dark grey and filled with clouds everywhere, a clear sign that it was going to rain today. Thankfully, we weren't going to be doing anything outside, at least to my knowledge. I softly sighed to myself as I left the window pane and went to get dressed for work today, not in my uniform since we would be staying here at the apartment.

I emerged from my room a few minutes later and saw Levi at the small table where we would normally work at with his head on the table. I could tell from the gentle snoring that he was working all night and probably fell asleep recently. I quietly moved into the kitchen where I made myself a small breakfast and one for him later, if he woke up soon.

I quietly sat down at the table and carefully moved some of the files that were neatly spread out so I can set down my breakfast. I got up and grabbed myself some (f/d) before heading back to eat. Levi softly began to stir as I sat back down at the table.

"Good morning Captain." I said softly as he lifted his head up.

"Shut up (l/n)..." He groaned with annoyance as he yawned and stretched his arms above his head, the dark circles under his eyes looking a little more prominent than before.

I figured he was just upset from his lack of sleep, so I didn't think much of his tone. I ate my breakfast with him, more or less, in silence as he resumed looking over some case files with a troubled appearance gracing his face. I got slightly curious as to why he was looking like that, but I wasn't sure if it was my place to ask. We were partners, so I decided against my better judgement to pry.

"Something wrong?" I asked softly prior to taking another bite. He simply looked up at me with an uninterested look, clearly not in the mood for conversation. I quietly sighed to myself as I look back at my plate, occasionally glancing at the file he was looking at which was the most likely suspect's file.

"Did you find something?" I inquired softly as I straightened up my posture to get a more clear look at the documents.

"No, it's what I'm not finding. I know that they practically match our suspect profile, but I'm still factoring in what you've told me." He replied in his usual and flat tone of voice. "Are you sure that there is no way your memory could've been altered by time?"

"Sir, there is no way. When something as traumatic as watching your father die right in front of you happens, you remember every little detail of it. I'm sure you remember every detail when you lost your team, right?" I said in a slightly defensive tone.

"Yes, I do remember. But that was only two years ago, much less than when that happened to you." He said with a bored voice as he looks at the file, never taking eyes off of it. That was my signal to drop the argument.

I quietly sighed again, just not really able to hold it back. I knew what I saw that day, there was slim possibility that I was able to forget or if the details have changed over time, but I could never be too sure. Maybe there could've been an accomplice? Who knows, from our sources, Grim Reaper was working solo but there was the change that they could be wrong too.