Little Red Riding Hood: Chapter One (Introduction)

Hi everybody, so I just rewrote this chapter to make it better, so tell me what you think maybe? And this story takes place in the 18th century, but I thought the language would be modern day, without the words thee and thy, and other words used a long time ago, I think it would make this story easier and better to read in my opinion...

The story takes place in a medium sized village surrounded by the woods. The village was surrounded by a giant wall made out of wood to keep unwanted people or animals out. Nobody usually left the village, because they would usually be found dead less than a week later, killed by bears, mountain cats, and/or wolves.

Other thank that, enjoy the story! :)

-VampireRose1223

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Little Red Riding Hood: Chapter One (Introduction)

"Here are some more dear..." My dear grandmother said kindly, passing me some more cookies that she had made. I love my grandmother dearly, she is the most precious thing in my life. She is very old, so I go over to her to her cottage every day and visit her to keep her company.

"Thanks Grandmother." I said, pulling her into a big bear hug.

"Anything for you Robin." She said, hugging me back.

Yes, that was my name, Robin, like the bird. I have golden blonde hair, with baby blue eyes. I was the only one with blonde hair and blue eyes, so I stood out a lot. Everybody had admired me all through my childhood and showered me with compliments. I mean, ok, first fact, that wasn't true at all. I guess I am pretty, but nothing too special. Sure I was the only girl with blonde hair and blue eyes, but big deal. Hearing things like;

"Your so pretty!"
"Look at her hair..."
"Look at her eyes..."
"She is the most beautiful girl here!"
"She is so kind!"
"She is so loving!"

It gets annoying to hear those words everyday. Especially when none of those are true.

It gets even more annoying and awkward when I am forced into dates with men slightly older than myself. My mother thinks it's best to get married to a man very early in life, because then I can move out faster, and have beautiful children that would make my family proud. But I'm only 18, I'm not ready for a husband, yet alone a family...

Some girls around my village have been married since they were 12 or 13, to men well over 20. It was disgusting, and I found that I didn't want to live a life like that. So of course I purposely turned down every young man my mother set me up with. But of course, consequences follow. Like more dates.

So anyway, my grandmother lives far away from the village, in the woods. I dont know why, but she says she would like some time away from the village and some time on her own. I usually bring her baked goods, and help around her cottage, like picking and growing the crops, and so on.

Me and grandmother sat around the fire, and talked about things back in the village, and then I looked over at the big dark brown grandfather clock, which read 8:37 p.m.

"Oh grandmother, I have to go home now, but thanks for today." I said grabbing my cloak and tying it around my neck.

"Goodbye dear, and be careful out there. Dangerous animals live there, remember that." She said the last sentence coldly.

I didn't pay much attention to what she said, so I just smiled and nodded, which was what I usually do when Im out on forced dates...

"Yes, of course, bye grandmother!" I said waving at her while I was walking through the door.