Little Red Riding Hood: Chapter Fourteen (What Lies Beyond The Doors?)

Um... You guys... XD

You know how I said that "I'd delete this" in the author's note 'Under Editing', I wasn't talking about the book... XD

And if some of you are wondering what I'm talking about, then,

A: I had already deleted the author's note, or

B: Here's a little recap ("Sorry to have bothered you, this note will be deleted after a couple of days, I want to make sure everyone gets word.") Yeah, I WASNT talking about the book you guys lol

I was talking about the authors note, as in I'll delete it after I make sure everyone who regularly reads my book gets the memo. XD

So don't panic, I'm not deleting this book!

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I stood completely frozen at what I had just heard. The Charles that stood in front of me now wasn't the Charles I knew. His kind and generous smile was morphed into an unfamiliar frown, and his beautiful eyes that looked down at me with we verity were now empty glass shells.

You know what they say about your eyes. They are the windows to your soul.

"What..?" I asked, my heart in my throat. My blood was rushing to my head, and I felt so confused and dizzy.

"Red, I can't explain it to you. This has been going on for centuries, believe me, but I just don't know how to explain it to you so you'd understand..." Charles ran his hands through my blonde curls, and I winced slightly.

"Charles, let go of me." I pleaded, wanting to escape his grasp once and for all. He seemed hurt by my need to get away from him, but he was reluctant to let go.

I turned my head away, and something shiny caught my eye. Keys. There were keys hanging out of his pocket by a metal ring, and I almost gasped.

I knew what I had to do. I looked at Charles through my lashes, and I knew I had instantly caught his attention. "Charles..."

My hand snaked down my hip as I spoke to him, drawing out each word as I slowly reached for the keys in his pocket. "I understand."

His eyes widened, and I felt his grip loosen as he backed away a few inches to study my face. "... You do..?" He asked, his voice was filled with relief, and I nodded.

"I've known you for my entire life Charles. I trust you with my entire heart." I could feel my heart breaking as I spoke those words. I tried hard to contain my tears and my broken voice.

Those words weren't complete lies. They were once the truth. I once knew him, and I once trusted him. But I don't know what to do or say about it now. My world has shifted.

It made me wonder if I ever truly ever knew Charles at all.

"Oh Red..." He buried his face in my shoulder and hair, and I could feel the tears I held back start to flow down my face. Even though I knew that Charles was different, I still wanted to cherish this moment, even if for a little while longer.

"Charles..." I whispered, and I felt his arms tighten around me. I knew this wasn't the Charles I once knew, but he looked and sounded so much like the ones from my memories...

I felt my fingertips brush along the keys, and I slowly started to pull them out of his pocket. Just a little longer... I just wanted to feel his last hug a little while longer...