Part 21

I allowed myself to pull out of my sixth period seat and trudge into seventh period. I walked down the hall, darting my eyes around the walls, avoiding anyone's eyes. I wasn't in the mood today.

After what happened in third period, I was too shooken up to even think.

Well, what happened? Well, I went to sit down when Jasper smirked at me, and I gave him a salute. Baylee looked back and rolled her eyes. I shook my head and placed myself on my desk.

"Izii?" Mr.Reidmon addressed me, peeking his head in through the door. I suddenly look up and tucked my hair behind my ear, nervous.

"Yes?" I asked, hopping off my desk, giving him my best innocent face.

He curled his finger towards him, to make me come. I obediently followed the motion and walked over to him, to see Lindsey, impatiently waiting for me to come. Her blonde hair was parted to one side and her hand was on her hip.

I gulped down the lump in my throat.

"Iz, do you know her?" Mr.Reidmon asked. I slowly nodded, my eyes widened as I looked up at him. He let a low sigh out and looked back to Lindsey, who was grinning, widely and almost evilly.

"See? She's scared, she's obviously guilty." Lindsey nearly laughed. She looked at me with a torturous gleam swimming in her eyes. She bared her teeth like a constipated vampire, and flinched her hair over her shoulder. What a prissy devil child.

"Izabella, have you been provoking Lindsey to try drugs?" Mr.Reidmon turned to me. My jaw fell open and my heart dropped. I can't believe he would have the nerve to say something like that. Did I really seem that bad?

"No." I protested, shaking my head violently, gesturing to her, "I would never, who said that?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows and slightly parting my lips, following Lindsey's posture. Planting a snobbish hand on my slightly prepped hip.

"Lindsey." Reidmon smirked, drawing his look to her. Lindsey suddenly lost the upstarter act. Her hands dropped to her side and her posture was instantly straightened. She bit her bottom lip and batted her eyelashes. As if she was an innocent puppy.

A sad, ugly, pathetic, lost, little puppy. That would be an insult to puppies. She looked like something incomparable to any animal, that would be an insult to life itself. She looked like the little blonde brat she was. And hey! Nothing against blondes, but I think the fact that she was one, aggravated something a little more in me.

"I never in my life, have touched something as foul and nasty as drugs." I whimpered, playing along in her cheap angelic act. Except in this case, I was completely innocent.

"Well Becca Palkovich was saying the same thing." Mr. Reidmon said, looking down on me.

"Becca?" I challenged sweetly. I really and honestly didn't know who she was.

"Lindsey's friend." Mr.Reidmon answered.

Of course.

"Hey, are you almost done, things are getting wild." Baylee whispered, looking at Mr.Reidmon and peeping her head through the little crack between the wall and the door. "What's going on?" She added, now sliding through the door and quietly shutting it behind her.

"Izabella is being accused of selling drugs." Mr.Reidmon huffed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"What? Izii is pretty nuts, but she would never." Baylee defended me, looking at me, and wrapping a protective around my shoulder. Lindsey shot Baylee a warning look but Baylee ignored her.

"Becca Palkovich is saying it too." Mr.Reidmon stated, now focusing in on Baylee.

Baylee smiled, shaking her head, "Screw Becca. You know she's crazy."

Mr.Reidmon pointed an accusing finger at us, somewhat chuckling, "Watch it." He laughed.

"Still." Baylee blowed.

I couldn't help, but giggle. Followed by Mr.Reidmon's sudden harty southern laugh. Baylee too joined in, while Lindsey stood there, looking ticked. I guess she had her reasons, considering we were laughing about screwing her best friend. I then wiped away a fake tear and regained my self stance. Baylee followed, but Reidmon was still howling.

I eventually tapped his shoulder, "So I'm good?"

He nodded and we all walked inside, after he excused Lindsey to go back to class. I turned to look at her one more time, then she gave me a grimace, then walked away. I smirked and sat in my seat.

**

     I took my seat near the guys in seventh period, Adam noticed my dignified expression and made his way over to me, wrapping his arms around me, I put my hands on his arm and sniffed. Luke and Carson soon pitched in, hugging me.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, as they all sat back down. I shrugged, looking at the floor.

I should be proud of myself, for making Lindsey look a fool, but was left empty, and unsatisfied. She deserved everything I had pushed to her, because she had brought it upon herself, but yet, I couldn't help but feel the slightest guilt.

"Lindsey." I groaned, banging my head against my desk.

"Oh, that rumor about you selling weed." Carson sighed.

I shot straight up and scrunched my brows, "No! I don't. I'm not a druggie!" I cried, my eyes feeling as if they were stinging. Pleading me to drop a tear, but I refused. 

"We're all supporting you." Carson said, tracing my temple with his finger. I shook my head and rested it in my knees, after pulling them up on my seat and holding them to my chest.

"What if people start believing it? I'm not that crazy, am I?" I whined, tossing my head to one side.

Adam chuckled, shaking his head, "No one thinks you're mad." He said, leaning over and placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Well, nothing weed worthy." Carson chuckled. I gave him a annoyed look and stuck out my tongue. He grinned and turned to the front.

Jasper walked in a looked at me, I waved and he walked over to hug me. I hugged back, as Ms.Murphy walked in after holding the door. She gave me a approving look then went to her desk. Jasper waved shortly after her and she gave a strange defective wave back.

Adam wiggled his eyebrows at me and I laughed. "You guys made up?" He asked.

Luke laughed, "Looks more like made out." He winked over at me and I rolled my eyes.

I shook my head, "It's nothing like that." I sighed. I thought about Jasper's words still echoing in my head,

"I can change for you.."

And they stuck, stinging my brain and killing any thought of saneness that may have tried to enter.

Ms. Murphy carried on with the basic lecture, comparing notes and sharing theories. Blah blah blah.

Finally the bell rung, and heck yes, I was going home. I gathered all my stuff unhurriedly into my bag and started towards the door, to no avail, do to all the people trying to cram their selves through the doorway. I waited patiently behind them. I finally squeezed myself through the doors and saw Luke waiting for me outside the door.

He gave me a cheeky smile, I awkwardly tried to walk past him, but he caught up with me. Okay... weird. I thought silently to myself as my eyes traveled blankly around the hall, not wanting to focus on Luke.

"Do you know Grace?" He suddenly asked.

I replied by nodding, "Well..." I trailed off, "I've heard of her, but I never really, met her." I confessed.

He sighed,  scratching at the back of his neck. "Would you mind doing me a favor?"