Part 6

Baylee and I walked down the hall, talking about simple stuff. Then Corey bumped me and snaked a apology, I held up my index finger to Baylee and ran to him.

"Hey, you just bumped me," I said, giving a fake attitude, trying to consume my smile.

"I said sorry, jeez" He said, with the same friendly sarcasm.

"Well it wasn't good enough!" I said, a bit loud.

We both couldn't help it and started bursting out laughing.

"That was good, you almost had me fooled there!" He said through laughter.

We both laughed all the way until lunch, then we had to part ways and I sat by Baylee at our table.

"You know him?" She said, looking at my face. Which was still marked with laughter.

"Yeah, he stole my book. I guess we're pretty good friends." I said, shrugging. I took out my water bottle and opened the cap.

"No, that's bad. He has a girlfriend." She said, watching me chug down a hefty amount of water.

I smiled and faced her, "Not surprising, he's super attractive, and really funny." I said.

"Yeah, but she isn't. She's Lindsey Morae for freaks sake! She's the most stuck up, rude, an absolute b-"

She was cut off when a chick, blonde who was tripping in heels walked over. She had on a short jacket and her hair was combed over and she had on some white skinnny jeans. She sat there, smacking her gum and her weight on one foot while she popped out her hip.

"Who?" She said, looking innocent.

"No one." Both me and Baylee muttered, avoiding contact.

"Oh well anyways, I'm Lindsey. Head of the cheer team, and super pops." She gave me a smile, "Who are you?" She asked, she kind of gave an attitude, like she wanted to know who I was because I did something bad.

"Izii, that's all I'm going by. Hi," I said, holding out my hand. She stared at it for a minute then fit it back in her pocket.

"Okay well have fun at our school!" She smiled, she clicked away on her heels and sat at a table in the distance.

"Wow." I said, giving Baylee a grimace.

Baylee nodded and said "I told you."

------------------------------------------------

After eating my chips, drinking a full water botttle, and learning tons of names, I had to go to the restroom. I got up and walked over to a monitor.

"Can I go to the restroom?" I asked in his ear. He nodded and I walked away.

I got in and did my business, washing my hands after.

I was drying my hands and fixing my hair when Lindsey walked in.

"You better not ruin it for me." She warned as she slammed me into a wall and smiled. I sat there wide-eyed watching her as she walked back out. 

I got up and looked in the mirror, I rubbed the back of my head and winced. For a girl in heels, she was pretty strong.

I walked back to my table and sat next to Baylee again. "You took forever." She said, looking at my head, which was still throbbing.

"I don't know, Lindsey said 'You better not ruin it for me' then walked off." I replied, looking at the table.

"Hmm." We both said, then Jasper sat in front of us.

He gave me a crooked grin and said "So you got beat up by the popular?" He said in his sexy, husky, voice.While eyeing my hair and head.

"How'd you know about that?" I asked, with a look of shock. Had it gone around that fast?

"I didn't thanks for the info though, oh, and the apple." He said.

I smirked and said, "What apple?"

He tossed my apple in the air and caught it with his right hand and bit into it. "This one." He alleged, showing me his bite mark in it.

"Give!" I said, fidgeting to grab it.

"Nope," he said, raising it higher, just like Corey had!

"Fine have it." I said, making a pouty face and sitting, arms crossed.

"Aw, you want it back?" He mocked.

"No you got cooties all over it!" I whined, sounding childish.

Baylee, him and me all laughed.

"See you in class," he said standing, and biting the apple again, "Fresh meat."

I tried reaching over and slapping him, but he dodged it.

"I think he likes you." Baylee said, looking at me.

"No, I'm fresh meat, member?" I said, with a bit of slack in my vocab.

"Okay, whatever!" She said, rolling her eyes and slapping me playfully on the arm.

Zach looked over at us and I gave a half smile. He grinned too and looked off. 

Do I like him? No I don't like him. Everyone likes him! I'm not everyone. But I like him. No I don't... 

Baylee saw me staring and hit my leg. "Stop staring!" She said, giving me another smirk.

"I wasn't staring." I said, looking back at his direction.

Yet, another guy came over and held out his hand.

He was a bit shorter, he toppled maybe a good four inches over me though. He had brown hair that was cut short and flared at the forehead. He had green eyes and he seemed to like neon.

"Hey, your Izii right? A newbie?" He asked, eyeing me over.

"Yes, I am. May I ask who is asking?" I asked.

"Carson. I was new a few months ago. You'll like the school, but the drama is high. Sorry 'bout that." he said, giving me a warm smile.

"It's okay." I answered, returning the smile.

"So are you okay? I heard Lindsey beat you up pretty bad." He said, more sincerely than Jasper had.

"Yeah, I'm alright." Had Jasper blabbed, maybe Lindsey did. "Who told?" I asked.

"Corey, he's my pal, and Zach is too. You should come hang with us tomorrow, down at the other end of the lunchroom." He said, smiling. He gestured a hand to the back of the room and I nodded.

"I'll be there." I confirmed, looking over at Baylee, who was distnatly staring out of a window.

"See you there." He said, he got up and strut off to the table.