Part 17

Shock spread across my very already bewildered face, after all that teasing, and the stupid tormenting, all he wanted was to date me? All I could do at that moment was gape, my mind was forming tons of words, and statements, although, my mouth couldn't seem to utter a single one.

   Something, deep deep DEEP inside, told me to say yes, and another told me to say no, and then this huge part of me just told me to shut up. Baylee wasn't helping, just telling Jasper to get off his feet, and of course Nykierra was awe-ing and ew-ing all the same time.

   I felt all different emotions washing over me. Frustration, irritation, sadness, pity. What do I say?

"Jasper, get up." Someone yelled. It wasn't Baylee, it was more of a boyish voice. I finally unlocked my eyes from Jasper's and looked at whoever had called us.

"Corey." I uttered, finally giving a sign I could still speak. Corey looked at me, with something churning in his eyes, not knowing what it was I looked away.

"Jasper, I said to get you knees of the ground and get up." Corey demanded again. Anger, anger was submerging in his eyes. I searched his face with my eyes, doing everything to look at him but avoid his eyes.

Jasper got off of the ground, "Tell me to do another thing." He challenged, fists clenched and eyes narrowed.

"Okay, get the heck away from Izii, before I have to make you." He growled. Corey and Jasper stood about the same height, but Jasper was stronger. I knew he was.

"Corey, Jasper, stop." I plead, looking at there current position the whole air tensed.

"Not until he walks away." Corey said, still trying to give of a strong look.

Out of nowhere, came Zach, sauntering over, looking like Superman. I guess. I'm not in the mood to think of resemblance.

"Guys, what are you doing, Corey?" Zach asked, analyzing the situation.

"Jasper here is begging for Izii." Corey answered, giving a quick glance.

"Don't you think that makes her feel worse?" Zach asked.

"Not like Izii would date the emo freak, right?" Corey asked.

"Excuse you, egoistical jerk, but no one paged you either." remarked Jasper, looking vainly at Corey.

"Guys, stop." I screamed again.

"Yeah, guys just quit." Zach said.

Jasper rolled his eyes towards Zach, "Just because she likes you, doesn't mean you have the upper hand."

"You like him?" Corey blurted out.

"Well if she did, I'm pretty God damned lucky. Now, would you please just shut up and take a seat because you're obviously not going to get her being the cavemen you are." Zach countered.

Jasper started mumbling something to himself, looking down with no expression.

"I'm just going to go, I'll see you later Iz." Jasper mumbled, walking away.

Corey looked at me, his eyes locking with mine, I then looked away. I heard him sigh, then force himself to walk away. I turned around to look at Zach, who was standing over me. I smiled, my cheeks burning.

"So you like me?" He asked, staring at my flushed cheeks filled with rosy pigment.

I shrugged, as if I didn't pay much attention to it, "I don't know."

"Well get back to me on that." He winked. He then hugged me, before walking away.

**

Once we got back to third period I went to my seat and plopped down, looking at nothing but the wall. I ignored everyone and everything. Today would've been a disaster, if it weren't for Zach, he'd been a hero all day. I smiled, thinking about him, then I started picking at stuff on my desk. My nail soon started to wear down so I occupied myself with my hair.

Nothing else really happened again until seventh period. I walked in and relocated myself over to a seat by the guys, -not including Jasper- and set my stuff down. Adam walked up to me and smiled. I smiled wearily then faced something else.

"Hey, you alright?" Adam asked, leaning on my desk.

I took a deep sigh, "No. I am not alright." 

"What's wrong?" He asked, placing himself on my desk.

"Almost all boys are stupid." I claimed, sinking my chin into my arms.

"That doesn't include me?" He asked. I shook my head smiling.

"Of course it doesn't. You're my best friend."

I heard a gasp. Carson was standing there. "What about me?" 

"You too." I said. Carson and Adam decided to both hug me and I smiled, trying to get my hands around the both of them, then I felt another body wrap itself around me from behind and I smelled his cologne.

"You too Luke." I muffled through everyone.

"I knew I was." He said.

We all let go and I hugged each one individually.

"I'm glad I have you guys, if not, I would have no saneness within me." I smiled.

"Good, same here." replied Luke. Adam was busy holding a pencil in between his upper lip and his nose. I gasped over dramatically and got my one pencil, following his example.

"Contest!" Luke yelled, grabbing a pencil and doing it. Carson smiled and joined in. We all waited patiently, Adam was the first to drop his, bursting out laughing.

Mr.Murphy walked in and saw our pencil mustache parade and shook her head. I tried smiling, but almost dropped my pencil so I just contained my laughter.

Luke soon dropped his and started laughing. That meant me and Carson were left.

I spun towards him and the competition turned into half a balance contest and a epic stare down. Suddenly Carson's dropped and I cheered.

"Yes! I am the world's champion of pencil mustaches! Beat that!" I shouted. The bell had rung then and I was dancing.

"You're crazy." Luke said.

"Who cares, I won!"