Chapter 9

Naruko's P.O.V.

"Ne~ Tsuna, why is there another baby in your house?" I asked with a twitching eye at the incredibly loud and annoying crying brat. Seriously my sensitive ears are going to burst! Tsuna sighed tiredly at my reaction. We are currently sitting on the table in his room.

"Here's what happened Naru-nee. While Reborn was tor- I mean tutoring me, Lambo suddenly came in and started throwing grenades at Reborn but in the end he lost." Torture, huh? I'm sorry but I can't do anything about it.

"Lambo?"

"Yeah, his name is Bovino Lambo. And apparently a hitman that is going to be my Lightning Guardian." The baby started crying more so I decided to shut him up.

"Here kid. Some candies. Now shut up." He immediately stopped wailing and happily took the candies from me.

"Thanks Nee-chan!" And ran out of the room. I turned to look at Tsuna.

"A baby monster like Reborn?"

"Fortunately no." Someone suddenly kicked Tsuna, with a stealth that will put jonins to shame, in the back of his head making him kiss the floor. I swear Reborn can be a S-rank ninja because of his skills and his innumerable hiding spots.

"Reborn! Can you please stop kicking me everytime?!" Tsuna screamed with teary eyes.

"No way Dame-Tsuna." Tsuna was about to protest but stopped at the evil glint at Reborn's eyes.

"Dame-Tsuna leave this place for a bit. I have something to talk with Naruko." Reborn ordered. Tsuna felt the serious tension in the air and reluctantly left. As soon as the door closed, Reborn jumped at the seat opposite to me.

"It seems that it will be a serious talk again dattebayo." I said boredly. What does Reborn want again?

"I want to ask about your enemy." I glared at him.

"You heard from my talk with Kyoya afterall. As expected of you. But as I said yesterday, I won't talk." In a single millisecond, a gun was pointed at my forehead.

"Then let me change the question. Who are you?" Reborn said dangerously. Too bad his stoic baby face doesn't change.

"I'm a ninja."

"I already know that."

"And that is the only thing I'm going to tell you, dattebayo." This is bad. Reborn looks really irritated now. I should be careful with my next answer.

"Then who raised you?" I froze at that. Who raised me?

"I lived all alone." I lied.

"That's a lie. You do have a guardian. A girl can't be a ninja without a teacher." I gritted my teeth at the mistake and Reborn was smug of it. This damn baby, I wish I could punch him right now.

"But I guess that his dead judging at your reaction. What a good-for-nothing guardian, dying making you all alone." I snapped at that. Who was he to mock Kurama?! My beloved best friend who sacrifice everything for me!

"Shut up." I said with my head hung down. I let my bloodlust let out. I raised my head and looked at him with my demonic eyes. I saw him froze and readied his gun for a fight.

If you mock Kurama again then I'm going to tear you limb to limb

If you mock Kurama again then I'm going to tear you limb to limb." I growled threateningly. When I saw that he understood my threat, I slapped my cheeks with both of my hands.

"Yosh! Now that is over I'm leaving dattebayo. Bye bye Reborn!" I looked at him with my normal blue eyes. But both of us know that it is just an act just so I can quickly leave this place. I put my foot on the windowsill before sudddenly remembering something.

"Oh and say bye to Tsuna for me dattebayo!" And I quickly left the scene.

Hibari Kyoya's P.O.V.

I was patrolling Namimori at night for any suspicious activities when I saw the fox-omnivore sitting at the roof of her house. I climbed on her house and just silently observed her form from behind. Sadness? No, just nostalgia. Yet why does she looks so sad and lonely? Just looking at it....brings a pang in my heart.

"Done observing dattebayo?" She said without turning her head.

"Hn. What's gotten into you, herbivore?" Instead of being angry at the insult, she just laughs wryly. Which is very out of character.

"I see. I have been degraded into a herbivore, huh?"

"Hn." I sat beside her and just gazed at the stars. Why does a carnivore like her makes herself weak to emotions? Just like a herbivore. Just thinking of it makes me feel irritated.

"Ne Kyoya, can I ask you something?"

"Hn."

"I do everything with all I have. When they ask me to do this, I loyally do it with my best efforts. Even when they ask me to kill someone, I still do it. So why....." She looks at me with very sad eyes complete opposite to her usual lively eyes full of happiness.

"Why do I always get left alone?"

So this is her true emotions. The real Naruko behind the figure of the sunshine Naruko. To be honest, I feel happy that she's talking to me with this face. I became angry at that.

'Don't let it get to you. Experiencing this emotions is a herbivorous things.'

"That's something you shouldn't be asking me." She became ven more sadder at that.

"What am I thinking anyway? Someone like Sasuke is no good at this kind of things." I grew even more angrier at that. Why does she keep saying that guy's name?

"Stop comparing me to someone." She looked surprised at that but then smiled.

"Hai hai dattebayo." I stood up soundlessly and walked away. But I decided to answer her earlier question.

"Stop thinking that you are all alone heebivore. Your surrounded by those other herbivores right? So stop thinking about the past." Tsk. What a shameful thing to do. Comforting people? I won't do such a thing. But seeing that unusual forlorn form of hers just makes me want to kill the guy who did that to him.

"Thanks Kyo-kun dattebayo!" I heard her yell behind me. I immediately become warm at that and smiled a faintly visible smile.

Maybe comforting her isn't so bad.