Chapter 21

Please check out this awesome trailer made by brookiesmyname >>>>>>>> on the sidebar! Thank you!

Not edited.

All rights reserved, © 2012

RECAP:

“What are you thinking?” Estela prods.

I let out a deep sigh. “If the Andersons are who I think they are, then we are in big trouble.” I say distractedly.

Because I'm convinced that they are using Estela as bait to flush me out into the open. And once they've got me, they won't take me back to England as a prisoner, especially after all the trouble I’ve caused.  If they capture me, it will be to kill and if they kill me, they will have to kill Estela too.

 Because when I die, she will be the next heir to the throne.  

This does not bode well for either of us.  Bollocks! They probably have the forest surrounded and will soon begin to hunt us, werewolf style.  How could I have been so stupid! They must have realized that I was following Estela…and since both our scents were masked, they probably decided to wait a few weeks before implementing their plan. I bet they were waiting for Estela to turn sixteen and shift into a wolf, knowing that they could track her by scent once she shifts. And wherever Estela was, I was bound to be nearby.

 Which can only mean two things:

 One, This is a trap.

And two, I’ve walked straight into it.

******************************************************************************

Chapter 21

Estela POV

I am happy to have her company, despite her caustic sense of humor and lousy attitude. It is true that she had kept me safe; especially when I had stumbled upon the corpse in the forest, unaware that the boys were almost upon me. She was the one who had frightened me into climbing that tree, keeping me hidden from the boys.

I look at her. She is completely lost in her thoughts.  I wonder what she’s thinking about. Her story makes sense, even though it is laced with holes the size of giant craters.  Does she think I’m stupid? I can tell that she is withholding information and has secrets of her own. No, I’m not stupid and I am not going to trust her completely...until she earns it. Although, I have to admit that I cannot help but be comfortable around her. Well, besides the being naked part, of course. But there is something about Jane that makes me feel at ease. She seems familiar, which could be because I may have subconsciously noticed her in my surroundings during the time that she had been stalking me. And what is up with that by the way? That is just plain shady.  The only consolation in all of this is, that if she hadn't been stalking me she would never have known of my predicament. Which means that I would either be dead or alone.  If I am honest with myself, I have to admit that I am relieved to have her company.  What would I have done if I had lived long enough to wake up as a wolf and she wasn’t there to help me? No, this is definitely a blessing.

“What are you thinking?” I ask, unable to contain my curiosity any longer.

“If the Andersons are who I think they are, then we are in big trouble.” She sighs, her eyes glazing over as she becomes preoccupied with her thoughts.

“Bigger trouble than we’re already in?” I question disbelievingly.  How can it get worse than this?

She doesn’t answer.  All she does is stare into the distance as if in some sort of trance.  “Hello?” I taunt, snapping my fingers in front of her face.