THIRTY NINE

Manic paced the length of the trailer, Hotdog trailing after her as she walked in circles.
Practically the entirety of the serpent youths had been brought in by the police after the Northsiders cried wolf, as if they hadn't been willing participants in the small rumble.
The redheaded girl was pissed and looking for revenge, but she knew better than to storm the castle and hope for the best.
She had to be hide in the tall grasses and wait for the perfect moment to strike.
Madelyn Jones had, had enough of Northsiders acting all high and mighty when in reality, they were worse than the pictures they painted of Southsiders.
"What's got you pissed off?" Jughead Jones asked when he entered the trailer, surprised to see his twin.
Madelyn stopped her pacing and turned to him, a scowl on her lips.
"Archie Andrews that's what. Little redhead bitch," she swore, a look in her eyes that caused Jughead to cower away.
"Maddie," Jughead said, but was cut off.
"Oh, don't give me that bullshit. That little fucker got practically all of the baby serpents locked up."
Jughead's thoughts raced. What the hell has his best friend done?

The serpents sat at their usual lunch table, all gathered around Sweet Pea's beat up laptop and multiple copies of Riverdale Registers most recent publish.
It was all about how the oh, so innocent Dilton Doiley was stabbed durning a gang jump. Total bullshit.
"Nice article your girlfriends mon wrote," Sweet Pea said as Jughead approached the teens. Sweet Pea and Manic were in the middle of the table, the rest of the group crowded around them.
"Yeah, I saw that," Jughead said, acting like he hadn't heard about the fight from his sister, "Dilton Doiley said he was stabbed when a bunch of you guys jumped him."
"Idiot stabbed himself, with his own fucking knife, too," Manic hissed, relaxing into Sweet Pea when he sling his arm around her.
"And we didn't jump him, there was a fight. Bulldogs versus serpents, and you see this?" Sweet Pea pointes to his black eye, "your boy Andrews gave it to me."
Jughead could tell why his twin was so pissed off now. The bulldogs hadn't just fucked with the serpents, they had fucked with Madelyn's current boyfriend—if that's what they were even going by now.
"Just before little ole' Veronica Lodge shot a gun in up in the air."
"What happened?"
"And of corse, Northsiders get off scot-free, and the rest of us are hauled in by the police."
Sweet Pea was bitter, deeply bitter.
"Now it's payback time," Fangs cut in.
"What are you guys talking about?" Jughead asked.
Sweet Pea smirked at Manic, before swinging a paper around to show Jughead their plan.
"This."
"What is that?" Jughead said as he examined it, "is that a pipebomb?"
"Fang's cousin was in the army, he's gonna hook us up with something," Manic said, smirking at her brothers panic, "we'll do it after hours, of course. But, it'll be enough to shut down the Registry for quite awhile, if not for good."
"You think blowing up a building is going to make things better?"
"Can't get any worse."
"Yeah, Sweet Pea, it can. Let me talk to Archie, let me figure this out. Okay?"
"Man, thats your answer for everything. Talk and more talk. And we don't even know who you stand with, us? Or them?"
Manic sat up now, letting Sweet Pea's arm drop from her shoulder as she finished his statement for him.
"You can't be half a serpent, Jughead."

Hours later, almost the entire gang was at the Whyht Wyrm—gambling, drinking, playing games—when Jughead Jones came strolling in.
A black leather jacket donned his frame, a two headed snake on its back.
The very same jacket that FP Jones used to wear with pride as a teen.
"I think this northsiders lost!" Someone yelled out, catching the attention of the rest of the bar.
It went silent immediately, all eyes on their leaders son.
"I'm not. I'm over being half a serpent."
"Wow. You will do anything to protect your northsider buddies," Sweet Pea sneered.
"My father was a serpent, he led you. And my sister is already following in his footsteps. It's time I do, too. I wanna stand with you guys. Tall Boy's the one who gave me this jacket, it's finally time I start wearing it."
Manic , who stood next to Sweet Pea at the pool table, walked over to her twin brother and got in his face. A smirk was etched onto her lips.
"So, you wanna be a serpent then, huh?" She asked, the rest of the bar watching intently—waiting to see if the daughter of FP Jones would live up to his legacy—"let's see if you survive the initiation first, brother."
Cheers rang out as the redhead yelled out.

Manic led the rest of the teens into her trailer, all masked in Serpent heads and Hot Dog trailing after who he had claimed as his owner.
She let the group do their thing, plopping down on the worn out couch as Sweet Pea rugged Hot Dogs leash to get the tiny terrier to follow them.
Seconds later she heard her brother awake from his sleep, chucking when she heard him yell out.
She waited for the teens to exit the trailer before entering the room, a genuine smile on her face as she took in the sight of Jughead laying back in defeat as Hot Dog licked his face.
"Hot Dog, lets go." That was all it took for the terrier to stop his assault on Jughead and dart towards Manic, wagging his tail viciously as he waited to be picked up by the redhead.
Jughead let out a sight of relief and Manic laughed, before a serious look fell across her face.
"I swear to god Jughead, if something happens to my baby while she's in your care I will beat you."

Oof I have a french dialogue I have to give during class tomorrow and this hoe is not okay. It's currently 2 am and I have to get up by 6:20 and I'm probably not getting any sleep cuz I'm stressed as fuckkkkkk. My lil quiet ass does not need this shit rn. Especially when I have to preform in theater the block after.😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩someone killlll meee.

But in other news, can we talk about On My Block?!? Cuz that shits amazing. Like fuck me up bro. I'm lowkey thinking about doing an On My Block fanfic, soooo maybe be on the look out for that.😉😉😉😉