THIRTY FIVE POINT FIVE

"I love you, you know that, right?" Jason Blossom mumbled into his girlfriend's red locks.
The two were laid on his bed, Jason on his back and Madelyn strewn across him, her head nuzzled in the side of his neck.
"I love you too, Jay," Manic whispered.
It was silent for a moment, both teens lost in their thoughts, before Madelyn sat up. Leaving her back to her boyfriend, she let the thoughts that had been wracking her mind for days out.
"Jason, I'm scared," she said, "really scared."
"Why?"
She turned to face him, a worried look on her face.
"I just, I have this feeling. That something is going to happen, something really bad. But, I can't for the life of me figure out what."
"Nothing is going to happen, babe," Jason said, sitting up, too. He rest his hand on her bare back, rubbing circles with the pad of his thumb in an attempt to calm her.
"But what if something does? What, what if my dad finds out? Jason," Manic said, stressed out, "I don't know what he would do if he found out. Especially when he realizes that us leaving could be linked back to the Serpents."
"Manic, FP may be a Serpent, but you're his family. He wouldn't do anything to hurt you, not intentionally. You know that," Jason said, not wanting his girlfriend to worry.
"But I don't know that!" Manic raised her voice, moving away from him once again and standing up, "Jason, what if his loyalty to the Serpents outweighs his loyalty to me? It wouldn't be the first time he put the gang before me."
"What do you mean, Madelyn."
The redhead laughed bitterly, looking away from her boyfriend with something that could be mistaken as shame. In reality, it was more like hatred.
"I was initiated into the gang when I was young, young enough for them to realize that the standard initiation wasn't suitable for a child. But the second I turned fourteen, people started talking. Saying that I wasn't a Serpent, that I never was. Acting like doing the males initiation was just a temporary solution."
Manic blinked away tears, anger filling her.
"The practically forced me into doing the female initiation which is degrading as fuck, they just would not shut the fuck up about it. I was fourteen, Jason, and my dad didn't do shit to stop them."
Jason was left speechless, he had heard about the gangs initiations. But he never thought they would make young teenage girl do it.
"He never said shit, Jay, never. He turned a blind eye to it, and when it came down to me doing it, he wasn't even there. It was humiliating enough, but to know that my own father knew and didn't do shit? That was the worst part. His loyalty to the gang came before me, and I don't doubt that it still does."
Jason was now standing, a mere foot away from her, and couldn't stop him self from hugging the shorter redhead.
"He won't find out, not until we're long gone. FP isn't going to be able to do shit to us, to you. His loyalty will never come in question, Manic, okay? Because we won't give it the chance to."
Madelyn nodded wordlessly at Jason's attempt to console her, but even the Blossom boy knew that what he said made little to no sense.
FP's loyalty would come into question no matter what, because when it came down to it, he'd either have to throw his daughter under the bus or his gang.