THIRTEEN

"I can't believe you're dad broke your arm," Cheryl muttered, "what kind of parent harms their child, even if it was on accident?"
"I don't know," I stuttered, still shaken.

"I can't believe you're dad broke your arm," Cheryl muttered, "what kind of parent harms their child, even if it was on accident?""I don't know," I stuttered, still shaken

The doctor clearly didn't believe my story that I had just hit it wrong on something, which was technically true. She was quick to mutter 'then where did that hand print come from' but let it go when I kept denying that anything else happened.
Jason and Cheryl ended up getting to the hospital first, and when I pulled up they had ran to the car. I'm honestly impressed that Cheryl had no trouble running while wearing her heels, she's goals in every way honestly.
"You aren't going back there, ever," Jason said, pulling me from my thoughts.
"Trust me, I know," I said, anger flaring as I thought back at it. We were now back at Thornhill, the three of us sat in their living room.
"Oh, this is all our faults," Cheryl cried, "we should've never let you go, Maddie."
"It's not your fault, Cher," I reassured her, "I was the one who went even though I knew I shouldn't."
"It's not your fault either, it's FP's," Jason insisted. Cheryl nodded her head in agreement.
"I just can't believe it," I muttered, blinking away tears. Cheryl pulled me into a hug, rambling on about how if my family would do this to me then they weren't really my family.
"If they can't see that you're worth so much more than this then they can go fuck themselves. You don't need people who are just gonna treat you like shit and try to drag you down. You have us, Madelyn, and I swear on my life I'll always be there for you. You're part of our family now," Cheryl said, Jason voicing his agreement. I let out a sob, hugging Cheryl back tightly before turning to Jason and throwing myself into his arms.
Jason held onto me tightly, careful for my injured arm.
"Come on," Jason said, standing the both of us up and leading me to his bedroom. When we got there Jason helped me take off my shoes before taking off his own, both of us getting into his bed where he held me as I cried.

"What happened?" Jason asked awhile later, after I had calmed down.
"I mouthed off, and when I went to leave he got angry," I whispered, knowing he could hear me from how close we were.
"And then what."
"He, uh, pushed me down and I hit my arm on the desk in there. After that I ran out," I finished, relaxing as he started to play with my hair.
"I'm sorry," he whispered.
"For what?"
"For not pushing harder for you to not go alone."
"We already went over this, Jay. It's not yours or your sisters fault," I said, feeling guilty about the fact that he felt guilty. It really wasn't the twins fault, nor was it mine. It was FP's.
"I know, but still-" I cut him off.
"But nothing." Jason kept quite after that, both of us lost in our thoughts.
Who would have guessed that in less than a week I would be faking my death and running off with someone I'd just met a few weeks ago, and a pregnant teen that I'd just met a few days ago. My life had really taken a turn, going from a gang member to a 'dead' girl was going to be a big change.
Maybe it was for the best though. I mean, my mother had ran off with my little sister, my twin brother had ran off as well and probably hated me, and my father had broken my arm and was the reason the rest of my family ran.

Just a lil filler chapter for now.