EIGHT

EIGHT [Blade "Zero" Kiren]

When I'd told her I'd lend her my body, spending my time in the art room being her model hadn't even crossed my mind. But here I was, lending my body as a model. Quinn would laugh his head off if he heard about this. "How do you want me?"

Turning away from the window, watching students leave as it was now the end of the day, I looked over at Madisyn to see her staring at me. But a moment later she was double checking she had everything. Sliding my jacket off, I placed it on a nearby table, hoping that it would stop her from being so skittish.

"Um..."

I withheld the grin that wanted to spread it's way across my face. Every noise she made, made me feel proud. Proud because I was the only one she spoke to – who wasn't a teacher. I was the one who got her to talk. I thought back to yesterday and didn't feel bad that I'd purposefully taken her drawing back with me so that I could use it as an excuse to talk to her again. I growled at my head. Talk about sounding like a girl.

I took a deep breath when I saw Madisyn's reaction to whatever expression my face had held. She was looking at the ground and shaking gently. Partly nerves, partly fear was my guess.

"Do you want me to take any clothes off?"

I grinned as the fear left her, which had been my intention, the bonus was the way she flushed red at my question. It made me wonder how innocent she really was. She shook her head quickly, telling me she didn't want me to undress. I was partly disappointed, most girls would have begged me to get out of my clothes, but the other part was glad, I couldn't be bothered to have girls piling in because I was a "nude model". That, and this was for her.

"You can do whatever you want," she said quietly.

"Can I sit?"

She nodded a yes. "If you can stay still."

Still? I raised an eyebrow at her. Great, I sighed, grabbing a chair and spinning it so that I could sit on it backwards. I watched as she picked up a pencil and started drawing from her station. How long was I going to have to sit like this? "What would you do if a guy asked you out?"

She blinked at me as though trying to understand my question. Then when she did get it, she ducked her head.

I smirked at her response, resting my arms on the top back of the chair. "Don't worry, I'm not going to ask you out. I was just wondering. 'Cus if you prefer girls, well, then I'll be able to tell the guys who do like you not to bother." Lies. Lies. Lies. My head chanted usefully. And in my head, I could admit that I wanted to know for me.

She didn't answer for a moment, instead, her hand moved with graceful stokes. Wasn't she supposed to look at me to draw me? I wondered.

"I like boys," she finally said.

"So I can tell them you're free?"

She blinked at me. "Free?"

"Free to date."

"Oh."

I gritted my teeth when that was all she said. But then she continued, and I realised that she only continued because she was watching me, not looking directly, but she could see me in her peripheral vision. She was watching my reactions. I grinned at that. Then I frowned again, I was really starting to sound like a god damned sissy!

"If you want."

"What do you want?" I asked.

She looked at me head on them. But instead of answering, she asked a request. "Can you stay still?"

"Huh?" Looking down I realised that I had indeed moved. One leg was now stretched out, I'd been resting my chin on my forearm and had my other arm dangling at my side. I moved back into my original position. "Sorry."

My phone went off, letting me know that I had an incoming call. I glanced at my jacket where my phone was before looking at Madisyn who was staring at my jacket in surprise. Getting up, she turned her startled eyes to me. Damn, I could see what pulled them to her with her face like that. Innocence. It hung on the very air around her like a cloak. And the urge to ruin that innocence... I shook my thoughts away from the direction to where they were heading.

"Blade," I said in introduction on the phone.

"Since when do you do art?" Ryan's voice asked over the speaker.

"What are you on about?" I demanded.

"I've just logged onto your account to find out where the fuck you are, and it says that you're now doing art as one of your lessons. Since when do you do art?"

I frowned. "I don't."

"So why is it on your timetable?"

I thought back to the last time I was in this room. "Son of bitch signed me up."

"Who?"

"Doesn't matter. How do you know my password anyway?"

"Half the school knows your password."

"What?!"

"You really didn't know?"

"No. What did you want me for anyway?"

"I need a lift home at five."

"I have work."

"Please?"

"I have work."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"So why are you still here? It's four-fifty."

I pulled my phone away from my ear to check the time. "Shit."

"You said it. So, I'll meet you by your car?"

"If you want to walk home from my work, sure."

Turning back around to Madisyn, I saw that she was packing up. "Sorry."

She blinked at me. "Umm... why?"

"For cutting this short."

"Oh. It's no problem."

"Same time tomorrow?"

She blinked at me in surprise again. "Okay."

I grinned at her and her expression relaxed. "See you tomorrow. Get home safe, yeah?"

Once she'd nodded, I left for my car with a satisfied feeling.

Vote? Comment? Thank you!