Reading Between The Lyrics - Chp 21 {Let Me Introduce You To...}

‘One step closer and one heart stronger. Take it all and take it fast, miracles don’t always last. Take a breath and let the world see, open your arms to welcome me. This is me and this is all I’ll ever be. Stand tall and don’t bow down, let them know you’re just another diamond in the rough. This is me and this is all I'll ever be.’ – Riley May – Let Me Introduce You To…

“Is it really necessary for me to even wear the blindfold?” I asked, my voice a breathless whisper, as anticipation made its presence known as it knotted and lurched in my gut.

“Very necessary.” Chad breathed behind me, his hot breath tickling my bare neck making me shiver.

“But I’ve had enough surprises!” I whined, nervousness coating my tone.

I really had enough surprises to any second trigger a heart attack, the days we created our own band space in Clef and unloaded Brent’s Ute Luce and I had gushed with ideas of what we’d do when we took a trip to the city, the city meaning Sydney which was about a three to four hour drive away. Little did I know that every idea that got me excited and jumping about crazily Lucy was noting and passing onto Chad as all three of them together surprised early one morning – yesterday – with a trip to Sydney with an awesome road trip.

It’s not that I didn’t hate the idea, far from it. I have loved every second of our road trip, starting with the drive down in Chad’s car, with me up front with him and all the clichéd road trips were checked like the windows down and the wind in our hair, the corny clichéd music as you went through good old memory lane, like playing Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls as we ballad it out, or all the laughter, recalls of past funny events, the junk food and the sheer thrill and happiness of being around those you love and just living in the moment.

We had got into Sydney’s centre staying in a little holiday flat house we were apparently renting out for an entire week and we were free to do whatever we wanted on our own, as couples and as a group. We were all so excited and giddy with excitement and that afternoon when we unpacked, the boys lethargic and tired from the early morning drive Lucy had slammed a map of Sydney’s sites upon the table and began babbling and circling things as she began to go wild with excitement. In the end though, all exhausted we went out to China Town which was really close by and then walked around getting lost ‘till we found the mall with the cinema, the only reason why it took forever was because Lucy pointed us in the wrong direction and we did a full loop of the area. It was no surprise that Brent snatched the map from Lucy’s hands and chucked it in the trash; we didn’t need some geeky stupid map or Lucy’s awful sense of direction.

Today though we had gone to the Taronga Zoo in Sydney that looked over Sydney’s gorgeous harbor and no matter what it left you utterly breathless. It was known as one of the best zoos in the world and it was obvious the view played a part of it, but so did its layout and all else, it was stunning and exotic beyond means. The bird show had me clawing and hiding into Chad’s side as he laughed because I was afraid of the birds landing on my head and the next moment I was eagerly bouncing around in excitement at all the cool things they trained the birds to do. The water show with dolphins and seals were just as amazing too.

After the zoo which we had spent the entire day at we left back over on the fairey boats on the harborand went back to our flat with two rooms and two beds – to my excitement we were sharing beds, not that Chad and I hadn’t sleep in the same bed before we just weren’t that physical yet – where we got dressed because we were going out somewhere for dinner and apparently it was really dressy and special.

That led us to now as we were stepping out of an elevator, Lucy and my own heels clicking on the tiled or marbled floor as they led the blindfolded me somewhere I had no idea of. I had thought we were going for a fancy dinner than maybe a walk or something around the harbor and before I could even buckle up in the taxi I was being blindfolded and led to somewhere, or rather as my overactive imagination was telling me; to doom.