Reading Between The Lyrics - Chp 10 {Crash And Burn Baby}

'Have you ever danced with the Devil? It’s not quite sane. Have ever danced with that one person that takes all sense away? They’re both dangerous; both make you burn and both make you crash. Crash and burn baby, crash and burn. I love one and the other’s blood and yet the both of them I hate. Cuz’ you pulled me apart. So crash and burn baby, crash and burn.' – Riley May – Crash And Burn Baby

Usually when one would find out that they are in love with their best friend they may try to pinpoint when it was they fell in love. Not me. Or they’d try and deduce if it’s possible the feelings are reciprocated and if needed how to hide it or get over them. Not me. The hopeless romantic or the comedy romance movie you watched, they’d go racing over to their best friend’s house and confess their feelings, their love and like in the movies they’d snatch them up and mold them to themselves and locking lips together they’d melt away in a burning fire of passion…..

Similar, usually when one finds out were their mother lives and that they are basically solely in reach they’d do everything in their possible hands to find out more about this mother, to find answers. If they however find out such heartbreaking and awful as I did maybe they’d unleash their anger and let the beast take control and race to egg that bitches house. Or if it was also something similar to the likes of a dreamy, happily ever after movie I’d come racing one night to their house, in the miserable weather knocking on her door sobbing and demanding answers. In response of course she’d be shocked and guilt ridden before drawing me into her arms and soothing me, reassuring me and explaining everything, telling me that it was all a mistake and that she loves me, always has, always will.

But that’s why they solely are only movies; because it just isn’t real.

So what did I do instead?

I went out to the clubs.

It was Wednesday night, which went karaoke night at the best club in town. It was our group’s favorite spot to go for a night out and I don’t think we had missed a karaoke night without a legit reason, no matter how few goes. No matter if it’s solely and only me that goes.

Getting ready with my stereo system blaring, knowing that loud music to sing and scream along to was going to make it so easy and rather impossible to actually listen to my thoughts. It was whilst I was getting ready that I had pulled my phone to myself and text to Luce.

Riley: Hey stranger, I’m going out for K to night at the club. You in? X

I knew well enough that when I asked if she was in it would also include Brent. I was used to it and honestly hadn’t cared or minded about it, Luce was close with Brent, so what? At the end of the day I have Chad. Or had Chad. Now though things were different, now without him I realized how reliant I was on Chad and without him I was practically the social loner. This realization though wasn’t entirely a negative thing because it made me realize that I needed to rekindle in somewhat ways what Luce and I used to have, make it stronger before boys came in and over ruled our lives.

Getting ready that night I absorbed myself greatly in getting ready as I sing along to my screaming speakers. I kept so much attention to being sucked into getting ready and singing, the songs making me burn so much greater with passion. And I loved it that way because it distracted me from the reality right now which was exactly why I was going out tonight.

Because I was running.

In the end I slid in pass the bouncers were a tight straight-line little strapless black dress that reached just a little higher than mid thigh, the dress clinging to my curves and if anything suggestive and smoldering. I coupled the dress with my favorite black heels, the straps reaching up pass my ankles like gladiator shoes almost. I loved the chunky style in jewelry, clothes, shoes and accessories so those shoes were an obvious, plus when I coupled the look with a chunky black rose ring that was greater than my head practically. Finishing off I curled and teased my fine hair for volume and gave my eyes a smoky smoldering look with mascara, eyeliner and more.