Chapter 19

After we went roller skating, we headed home and there was silence throughout the car ride.

"You know you never told me why Mr Richardson hated you" I said

"I killed his wife" he said

"What?! The kids are sleeping"

"That's why we should talk about this later"

'Your right..." I said and picked up Alexis and went inside.

I helped her changed into her pjs before tucking her in. I still can't believe what he said and can't help but think about the wildest assumptions as I fall asleep.

The next day things went well,  just the usual work routine. They are going to make a tribute party for Isaac but I declined the invite.

During my break, I went to Starbucks to meet with Kyle to get answers. I spotted him sitting at the outside area with two cups of frappuccino.

"So I'm ready to hear how it all happened" I said

"Well it clearly isn't a happy story" he began

-------
Kyle pov

I was in a meeting with an old friend Isaac Richardson this afternoon to catch up on our progress.

Isaac and I go way back since college he was a man I can trust.

"Kyle welcome" he said as I entered his house "how was your vacation in Hawaii?"

"It was great and I was able to setup a brand new shoe store over there while I had my fun" I replied as we walk down the hallway to his Home office.

"That's great, I wanted to get a gift for Chantel, my wife. Our anniversary is coming soon in three weeks and I've been busy in the factory to think of anything good but this necklace I saw her looking at on her iPad" he rambled while I checked my phone.

'That's a good start, ladies love it when guys get them stuff" I looked up "but you can also take her on a trip to somewhere she's never been to"

Isaac was about to say something but Chantel came in without knocking.

"Hey Kyle, just came here to say dinner is served" she smiled and left

"Do you think she heard us?"

"I don't know but you heard your wife dinner is served chop chop" I joked and went to the dinning room with him.

"Sammy!" I greeted and messed with his hair.

"Kyle, your back from Hawaii" he smiled while fixing his hair.

"Yeah, you should go there with your family"

"Maybe this summer?" Chantel suggested

"Maybe"

----

Dinner was over and I helped Chantel with the plates.

"Hey Kyle, I need your help on the best way to surprise Isaac on our anniversary" she said

Ugh this again.

"Sure, I might have an idea" I turned to smile at her.

"OK what is it?"

"It's a classic one surprise him at work dressed as a factory worker"

"You really think that would work" she asked while hesitating.

"Positive" I smirked.

To be honest I've always envied what Isaac have sometimes which was why this happened...