Just The Way You Are (KasamatsuxReader)

I sat down quietly as I watched Kaijou’s basketball team practice. Kasamatsu Yukio and I are childhood friends—At times, I’d view him as an elder brother figure, but as time passed my view of him changed into that of a love interest. I know it’s weird, especially because he has this phobia of girls.

You’d think having spent a long time with me—A girl—He’d have been cured…WRONG! I get Goosebumps even now whenever I think about how he answered when I asked him why he wasn’t nervous around me…

“Oh, I simply do not see you as a girl.”

Was what he had said…I can’t believe he kept such a straight and honest face while giving me a direct blow to the heart…

But then again, I can’t complain because it’s my own fault…I always made sure to keep myself as tomboyish as possible—Oh the trouble one goes for love! Seriously, I don’t understand myself sometimes—Even if I do all this, he will never notice me, especially since Yukio is a block head, once something enters his mind, it’s hard to change it—more like, it’s impossible!

“Oi, (Name)!”A rough voice called out, breaking my reverie. “Quit spacing out or a ball might hit you!”

“O-okay…” I nodded thoughtfully as I looked up only to meet Yukio staring down at me worriedly or more like, he was annoyed…? “Thank you for worrying about me!”

He frowned and turned around to join his teammates...Did I do something by any chance? I sighed, that was the only thing I could do right now to blow my worries away…Maybe he noticed my feelings?! We’re no longer kids after all…He’s almost a college student—He could pass for a man by now, meaning he won’t be as dense as a kid.

“(Name)-senpai~ you shouldn’t frown like that or the wrinkles between your brows will be permanent.” Kise poked the furrow between my eyebrows making me blink in surprise. I hadn’t even realized I’d been frowning…

“That’s more lik-OW! SENPAI! THAT HUUURTS!” Apparently, Yukio was not at all thrilled to have Kise messing around during practice and as if to demonstrate his earlier warning towards me—He threw the basketball in his hand at Kise.

“Kise! Stop messing around!” He yelled—Woah~ it’d suck to be in Kise’s place right now…The last time Yukio was angry at me was when we were kids—probably, if he’s not mad now too…

“Kasamatsu-senpai~~~” A gentle voice called out causing Yukio to freeze in place—apparently, it was a girl… “As diligent as ever I see~~”

“U-un…” He looked down, his face red all the way to his ears.

Kise snuck up behind me and whispered “Why don’t you interrupt?” I really don’t understand what he means by that, rather don’t sneak up behind me!

“Why should I…?”

“Well, you do like Kasamatsu-senpai right?” I froze in place at his spot on guess…How the heck did he know? Am I that obvious?! But then again, Kise is quite perceptive, so maybe it’s just that…

“What makes you think I do?”

He sighed “Senpai, you need to learn to be more honest about your feelings.” I’m being told to be honest by a person who’s stupidly honest to the point where it gets him in trouble—Hm, have I fallen that low? “Well, whatever. You don’t have to tell me, but come with me! I’ll help you!”

“Eh, but I don’t—!” Kise pulled me by the arm outside and ignored all my protests…Yukio was sure to give him an earful later for escaping practice but it was still sweet of him to and help me…

***

“Wha-What’s up with that getup?!”  Yukio jumped back as if he had seen some hideous bug—ouch…

But I don’t blame him, I probably look really different right now…Kise had dragged me over to his modeling studio and had his makeup artist fix me up—She even gave me a dress and told me I could keep it while wishing me good luck—I feel really weird now…I had refused their kind offer at first but she somehow talked me into it, I’m still not sure how!

I frown at his response and huff while closing the distance between us.

“This is where you’re supposed to compliment me!” I say while poking his chest. Maybe it was mean of me to put him in such a tight spot but I can’t help it! I’m quite desperate right now, and after having people go through all this trouble for me, I can’t back down!

“I-I know that, but…” He stutters and averts his gaze while a blush creeps up his features, he was obviously trying to escape…I couldn’t help but get upset at how desperately he’s trying to reject me—Am I just not good enough?

“So, no matter what I do—you’ll never notice me, huh?” I say with a forlorn tone while looking down. It was quiet for a while, but I couldn’t muster the courage to speak up again.

Yukio flicked my forehead angrily. I couldn’t understand why he was so angry, did I do something…?

“O-ow…” I felt my eyes tear from how painful his flick had been.

“Idiot!” He yells with a frown. “I like you the way you are, you should know that by now!”

I gawk stupidly at his unexpected confession before blushing with a smile. I wasn’t really sure what to say but if I didn’t break the awkward atmosphere right now, I was sure it would continue.

“You know, Yuki-chan~ you just confessed to me~”

Yukio gasps, his frown and blush growing heavier. “Shut up! Go get rid of that ridiculous attire of yours!” I guess he caught my intentions, and with his reply, the weird atmosphere we’d been creating was completely gone.

“Yessir!” I yell cheerfully while skipping towards the gym’s door. I had thought we were the only ones in the gym because it was late but boy was I wrong! Kise had been there the whole time, recording everything…

“Eheh~ I wonder what the others will think if I show this to them, senpai~”

“K-K-KISEEEEEEEE!!” Yukio yelled, completely furious as soon as he’d noticed him.

I snuck out the court before things got ugly but well, let’s just say five laps around the school and a broken phone were far too kind…

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

For those who read my Akashi story "Taming The Empress" I know I already did this shout out but here it is again: GUUUYS!! Go and read this amazing Kise Ryouta story called "Does Hope Still Exist?" By: Izumi-chan06 ...If you haven't already that is ^-^ I appreciate it if you do though.

ANYWAY! What did you guys think of this oneshot? Was it good? Was it boring? Feel free to say! I appreciate it! I tried to change my writing style a bit...XD Anyway, next up is Himuro unless you guys have any requests ^-^ Until next time~~~