Remember...

Princeton's POV

Fourteen hours in the hospital waiting room. I was pacing up and down trying to keep myself sane. "Princeton calm down" Someone tried to grab and I quickly smacked their hand away. "Don't tell me to calm down when Shanelle is hurt, okay. It's my fault. That should have been me. She's been through enough." I didn't care that people were staring. I just wanted Nelly to be okay. I sighed and began pacing again. "I promised her mom I'd take care of her" I said less aggressive "Anyone here for erm, Shanelle Davis?" I quickly ran towards the doctor. "Me! I'm here. Please tell me she's okay" He looked me right in the eyes. "As you know, the patient has lost a lot of blood. We're going to need a blood transplant" before he could carry on I interrupted him. "I'll do it. I'll give my blood." I said to him. "Sir you do know this means..." I cut him off again. "I know what it means. I'll do anything" after a moment of silence he asked me to follow him. I don't care what I have to do as long as it is to help Nelly.

*Two hours later*

"Shanelle Davies?" Another doctor said in the waiting room. I walked up to him and so did some of the rest. He cleared his throat. "The bullet was very close to the heart, ripping some major tissues but that wasn't the biggest problem. See, the patient lost a lot of blood, so much that the blood you gave was not enough so we couldn't carry out surgery and the procedures needed to save her. Unfortunetly sir, Ms Davis..." I cut him off. "Don't say it Doc" It was very tense at the moment. "I'm sorry" he said". I sighed. "I want to see her" I tried passing through. "I'm sorry sir, you can't" I repeated myself, this time more aggressively and forcing my way passed the doctor. "I want to see her!" Roc and Ray grabbed me by my arms and pulled me back. "Princeton stop!" Prod shouted. I snatched my arms back. I picked up a chair and threw it aggressively. I then looked at everyone before walking away. "Where are you going?" Without turning around I said "To find Diggy"

I began walking down the stairs when a pair of small hands grabbed my arm. "Princeton! Please stop" I turned around and saw Chantel. "Is this the way Nel would want you to act?... Prince I know you're hurting but you're holding it all in and it's making you angry and bitter. Just let it out" She was looking me straight in the eye. "It's okay" she said. Tears began rolling down my face. "She's gone Chantel I didn't even get to say goodbye" I placed myself on a step and she sat herself next to me. "I know. And it's gonna be hard but you are strong" She was patting my back. "But instead of being sad, Remember all the good times you've had with her. Remember her" We sat down for moments with the sound of me sniffing being the only thing to be heard. "I'm gonna go home" I finally said as we both stood up. Chantel nodded. "And Princeton, she's not gone. She's always here in your heart" She smiled. She gave me a hug and then left to go back to the others.

I sat in my car, crying. I couldn't stop myself. I took out my phone and looked at the pictures of me and Nelly. I began to think about what Chantel said to me. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Shanelle. I'll remember your smile. The way you lit up the room when you laughed. I'll remember your honesty and the way you cared for everyone. I'll remember your lips. The way you kissed me so sweetly. Most of all I'll remember our love for each other. It was something I can't explain but I know I felt. In fact I remember the way we still love each other cause even though you passed away, my love for you is always there and it always will be. I remember you and I will never forget you. I love you and miss you" I opened my eyes and everything was calm, quiet and peaceful. I started the car ready to go home when I started thinking about the first day I met Shanelle. I began to smile a bit to myself as I drove away. Even though she's gone, she's always there in my mind, thoughts and in my heart.