My Angel

Shanelle's POV

Warm tears were falling down my cheeks. I couldn't hold them back, no matter how hard I tried. This could actually be the end. I was standing in the waiting room. I just wanted to see her. This could be the last time I see her. I knew I shouldn't have gone to prom. What kind of daughter am I? I knew I should have stayed with her. This is all my fault. I'm a terrible daughter.

I know I haven't done this in a while but this was my only hope. I put my hands together and closed my eyes. "Dear God...I know I haven't spoken to you in a while but this is an emergency. Momma's dying God. She might leave me forever. God I know I'm not a perfect person but please let her live. I promise God, I'll be better. I'll do better. I swear...Just please...please let her live" More tears fell from my eyes. "Amen"

I waited around longer outside my mother's operating room. "Ms Davies?" I quickly walked to the doctor. "Your mother would like to see you" I quickly walked into her room. "Momma" I hugged her trying my best not to hurt her. "Could we be excused?" I said to the remaining doctors. My mom was coughing again. I took her hands, crying. "Momma, you're gonna be alright" My tears dripped on our hands. "I..I" She stuttered. "That box on the table...It's for you" She weezed "Open it when I pass" I shook my head. "No! You're not dying" I held her hand tighter. "You're gonna live" Her eyes began to flutter. "Mom don't do this, please open your eyes." I could feel my eyes getting fatter. Her grip on my hand started to loosen. I shook her a little and she opened her eyes. "Stay with me mom" I cried. The doctors stepped back in.

Her eyes began to close again. This time was the last time. "Mom, don't leave me please" I shook her a little. "It's my time baby. God is calling me" I saw a faint smile appear on her face. I couldn't contain my tears. What was I supposed to do without her? Her grip on my hand loosened. I shook my head. "No! Don't do this mom...stay with me" Her fingers slowly started to loosen up.

All I could do was cry. "We don't think she's going to make it. Her condition is severe" A doctor said to me. My faith was leading me to believe otherwise. I held unto her hand. I couldn't lose her. I wept continously. My sight was blurred by the tears in my eyes. I attempted to wipe my tears with my left hand whiles holding on to her hand with my right.

Her index finger was loose, I began to lose all hope and faith. Her next finger loosened. I closed my eyes. I couldn't bear this. I bawled. Her middle finger went next. I placed my tear filled face on her lap. "Please" I pleaded. Her machine rate started slowing down. With every beep, my heart broke. "I love you" She said barely audible. She wanted those words to be her last. My face was tear stained. I kept my head on her lap still holding in to her hand. Her remaining fingers loosened up.

Flatline. My eyes widened. I lifted my head and looked around. It's not possible! She can't be gone. "I'm sorry for your loss" A doctor said behind me. "She's not dead" I insisted. I took her hand tightly. I shook her a little hoping to wake her up but she just layed still. This can't be happening. "Mom, wake up" I sobbed. "Prove them wrong, just breath" I cried "Please" I begged. "Please mom" I whimpered.

I looked at her still lifeless body. I covered my mouth with tearfilled eyes. "Please" I said. Could she really be gone? I kissed her hand. The doctors approached her and covered her with a sheet. Every second of this shattered my heart to pieces. I felt like I had nothing to live for. Tears uncontrollable fell from my eyes. I watched the doctor's carry her body away. I fell to my knees in my prom dress feeling numb. My everything was gone. What is the purpose of my life? I couldn't take the pain. I sat and mourned for my mother. This didn't feel real. I was waiting for all this to sink in. She's actually gone. Tears rolled down my face and the room the room was filled with emptiness. All there was to hear were my cries. Tears fell to the floor. My everything is gone.

My mother...My love...My Angel

Watch over me... I love you.