The Truth

Princeton's POV

Just as I reached Karla's house. A car pulled up beside me. The window rolled down and I saw Daniel. "Get in the car" he said to me. I did as he told me to. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. "I could ask you the same thing" he said looking straight ahead. "Strange place to take a walk, don't you think?" He looked at me. I sighed. I couldn't lie to him. "I followed Karla here" there was a silence. "How sure are you that this Shanelle?" I was surprised. How did he know? "You guys really think I don't know what's going on in this house cause I'm quiet?" There was another pause. "This is her, Dan" I said to him. He opened the car door. "Then let's go" he said to me. I followed him out of the car. "You know where she lives?" I asked him. "Yea. I've been here before"

We got into the elevator and went up to the third floor. We walked up to the third door in front of us. Daniel opened the door. I chuckled to myself, this girl never learns to lock her doors. We walked into the living room and she was sitting there. It wasn't till I closed the door, she heard us come in. "What the f..." I cut her off. "I need to talk to you" I said to her. She looked at Daniel and he looked back at her. "We can go to the bedroom" she led the way and I followed her. "Listen to me Karla. This is gonna come as a shock but we've known each other for years" I began. Her eyes widened and I could tell she was shocked. "We were in love" I held the necklace around her neck. "I gave this to you" she snatched it off me. "Princeton stop" she said in a serious tone. "I know it's a lot but your real name is Shanelle Davies" I continued. "Princeton, stop!" She said more forcefully, warning me. There were tears forming in her eyes. "You might not remember but you got shot and you were supposed to be dead" "Jacob, Stop!" She yelled at the same time pushing me away angrily. The turned away from me wiping away the tear that fell. "Jacob" I said to her. She turned around. "What?" She said. "You called me Jacob" I got this horrible feeling in my stomach. "You knew this whole time" I looked her dead in the eye. "Princeton" she said taking a step closer to me. "You pretended to be someone else. This whole time you knew!" I said a bit louder. "You weren't meant to find out. I told you to stop!" she said as angry to me. "You lied to me Shanelle!" Right now we were in each others faces. "What do you want from me?" I don't know what she was angry about.  "I can't believe you right now" I said disgusted. "Don't stand there and judge me. You don't know what the f*ck I've been through!" She pushed me out of the way and tried to walk past me. I grabbed and pushed her against the wall. "What the f*ck you've been through? I grieved the girl I was in love with. I grieved for a year, Shanelle. And you were alive this whole time! I loved you!" I couldn't control my anger. "Loved? Loved me enough to be with a new b*tch" What's her name, Katie?" She was provoking me. Soon I found my hand around her neck. "Because you were dead!" She looked down at my arm with tears streaming down her face. "Go on. Kill me" she said to me. She said it as if she meant it. "Get off her Prince" I heard Daniel say. I took my hand off her but didn't take my eyes off her. "It's her Daniel" a tear fell down my cheek. "I know" he admitted. He said it as though he knew the whole time. Something in my mind just clicked. I looked at Daniel. "You knew this whole time, didn't you? That's why you've been so quiet right? Cause you've been keeping her dirty secret" Shanelle broke down crying. Daniel looked away and I stormed out. I walked half way down the first set of stairs before breaking down too.