Well ain't that awkward...

Shanelle POV

As I sat there eating my lunch with Jacob I saw three male figures and two female figures approaching our table. As they came closer I only recognized two of them, Chres and Ray. I might have seen the other three around school today but other than that no, I didn't know them. They all sat down chatting amongst themself and I felt so awkward. It was like sitting on a table full of strangers. Only one of them had the decency to ask if he could sit down considering he didn't know me that well either. When he sat down, his face looked familiar. Yea one of Ray's friends I thought. I looked around the table and all their faces played back in my mind from the day of the party.

"Hi, Shanelle was it?" I turned my head to see a girl with big, brown bouncy hair. She was darker than me but still really pretty I thought to myself. "Yea and what's yours?" I asked trying to sound as polite as possible. "Caprise" she replied politely. "Mines Chantel by the way, Hi Shanelle" I heard a peppy voice next to Princeton say. I looked over at the girl. Her eyes were dark and she had dyed her hair red. She had the pinkest lips I have ever seen. She was mixed race and really pretty. "And that's Prodigy" She continued. I looked to my left and saw the boy who asked if he could sit down. "Out of all the nicknames, why Prodigy?" I asked showing interest in the conversation. "Wait till you see me dance" he smiled as the whole table replied with quiet chuckles.

"So Shanelle!" I heard Chantel's overly peppy voice say. I once again turning my head in her direction. "What class have you got next?" she asked me. "Eerm" I began ruffling through my pockets to find my timetable/time schedule. When I found it, I unfolded it and read it out loud "English" I looked up and saw her eyes light up "Yaay" she clapped her happily. I noticed she had the exact same nails as me. Rihanna nail! The only difference was hers were pink and mine were black but both of ours weren't real. "You got English too?" I asked "Yea, but what class?" she said "It's with Miss Jones" I said. She clapped her hands once again. "Come let me show you around" she said getting out of her seat and kissing Jacob cheek. Wait? he has a girlfriend? No! This can't be happening right now! How dare he flirt with me when he has a girlfriend?

"Bye Princeton" she said waving at him flirtatiously. "Yeah" I said giving a mean look. "Bye Princeton" I stared at him coldly then rolled my eyes. I followed Chantel as she brought me to her locker. "Where are you taking me?" I asked her. "It's a surprise" she replied jiggling her keys in the air. "Come on" she said walking out the school doors. "Are we allowed to leave school?" I asked suspiciously. "Yes...if you don't get caught" she smiled. WOW I don't even know why I'm following her right now but what the hey? It's my first day!

We walked for about ten minutes before we stopped infront of something that looked like a very big shed or a small barn. It looked to me like a house but not a house. I couldn't really explain it. The outside was brown with a red door at the left side of it. She took an orange from her collection of keys and unlocked the door. There were a four steps at the entrance which were painted light blue and so were the walls. I saw a set of two double doors.

I followed Chantel into the first room. It was an all white dance studio. It was beautiful! There were little circled light on the ceiling. They were multi-coloured, like disco lights. There were mirrors on the longest wall with ballet bars attached to them. "Wow!" I let out examining the lights once more. "You dance Shan?" she asked leaning against the wall. "A tiny bit" I explained using my thumb and my index finger to gesture "Tiny"

"Well then...you'll fit right in" she smiled at me "Wait...this belongs to you guys?" I turned, facing her. "Yea, now it's yours too" her smile got bigger. I could feel mine growing ear to ear. "Are you being serious?" I laughed "You're part of our clique" she shrugged whiles stepping closer to me. "Oh my gosh" I put my hands on my cheeks in shock. "This is unbelievable!" I continued "But the other guys don't know I brought you here so don't say anything until I find a way to tell them okay?" I nodded slowly. "Promise?" I put out my pinky and waited for her to shake it with hers. She looked at me for a while until she shook it. "Okay, we need to start getting back" she said taking my wrist and running out of the building still holding on to me.