What did you say?

Shanelle's POV

A couple of months passed. I woke up to a buzz. I slowly turned to my side and saw a text from Roc. I turned my phone over and got out of bed. School was over so Princeton would be here soon. I had a shower and got dressed. He was already here and let himself in since he had a key. I ran into the living room. "Hi Jacob, I..." I stopped. Anger began to build up in me. "What are they doing here? I asked frustratedly. They were all looking at me. Ray, Roc, Dahlia, Chantel, Prod, Caprise and Prince. "They said they needed to apologise to you..." I cut him off. "So you let them into my house?"

Ray got up and tried to touch my shoulder. "Don't touch me" I moved out the way. "Look Shanelle we're really sorry. What we did was wrong but can't you forgive us? Life was better when we were all friends" There was a silence. Roc began to speak. "Me and Chantel are the most sorry Shanelle. What we did was horrible. But you can be the better person and forgive us, please?"

I sighed. "You guys were my friends. You were supposed to have my back. You were all so quick to be my friends but were even quicker to turn on me. Every single one of you believed a lie without asking my side of the story or informing me of what you heard. You treated me like crap and expect me to forgive you?"

"We're still your friends Shanelle" Prod stated. "Well I'm not yours .Get out, all of you" They all began to get up. "Even me?" Jacob asked. "Especially you Princeton" I crossed my arms. He got angry and started shouting at me. He told everyone to stay whiles I was telling them to leave. We began shouting hurtful things at each other like never before. This wasn't an ordinary fight, we were much angrier than usual. "How can you say I don't have your back? I was the only one there for you when your mom died and this is how you repay me? The room was silent. The words hit me hard "What? Donna's dead Shanelle?" Tears started to form in my eyes. "Nelly I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." I cut him off "F*ck you Princeton" I quickly ran out, teary eyed. I went into my room and locked the door.

Jacob's POV

What did I just do? We could hear Shanelle slamming things in her room. "I hate you Jacob" I heard her scream. Her words kept playing in my head. I felt so guilty. "Way to go Princeton" Roc sarcastically said. "Hey don't blame him" Chantel shouted back. I just rolled my eyes. Why is she talking? Hasn't she caused enough trouble as it is? Before I knew it they began to argue. "The both of you, shut the f*ck up!" Ray shouted. "You two are being childish. If it wasn't for you two we wouldn't be here" Prodigy said afterwards "We're here for Shanelle" Dahlia said after him. I kept quiet this whole time. I waited for them to all be silent before I spoke. "I'm gonna stay here and make sure Shanelle doesn't hurt herself. If you guys want to help me, stay, if you don't you can leave" I said calmly opening the door. No one stepped out, they one by one sat down. I closed the door and layed down on a couch. We all waited patiently for Shanelle to come out.

Shanelle's POV

Many hours have gone by and it was as quiet as can be. I hesitated to get up but when I did, I heard nothing. I creeped to the living room and saw everyone asleep. I can't believe they didn't leave. "Yo. Shanelle?" I heard someone whisper. I ignored it and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a glass and filled it up with water. I turned around and saw Ray. "Hey" he said. I put my glass down. I looked at him and kept quiet for a moment "Hey" I whispered back. There was an awkard silence. I stepped towards him and hugged him. He hugged me back even tighter. He moved my hair a little and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry about everything" He said still holding me. "I forgive you. Just don't have sex on my couch again" I joked. "I like your new couch" He joked back smiling. "Hey I'm sorry about your mom, Shan" I let go of him. "It's okay" I replied smiling a little. "I'm gonna go back to sleep but I'll see you in the morning." I looked at the time. 5:00 AM. I took a sip from my glass and poured the rest away.

Seven hours later I came back to the living room. Everyone was awake. "Shanelle?" someone said. "No let me speak. I forgive you guys. Every single one of you...because that's what my mother would want me to do." I hugged everyone one by one just moments after. "You guys can go home" I continued. After a moment everyone left, Jacob stayed. "Nelly, I'm so sorry" I indicated him to stop by raising my hand. "I know Princeton. I know" He stepped forward to kiss me. "But...I trusted you and you let me down. I can't be with you. I can't do that to myself" He quickly took my hands. "Shanelle no, don't do this" Tears fell down my cheeks uncontrollably. This was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. "Princeton I'm sorry but I have to. I've already made up my mind" I looked at his teary eyes. "Well, change it" He was trying so hard not cry. I could tell. I put my hand on his cheek and he put his hand on top of mine. "Maybe in a few weeks. When this is all over or when I don't feel like this we can start again" He took my hand off his cheek and held it. "Is there nothing I can do to change your mind?" I shook my head. "I'm sorry" I said barely audible. He kissed my hand. He took off his chain and placed it round my neck. "What I want you to do to get through these touch times is pray. God is always there for you. And if you ever need me I'm always right here too" He said quietly. I opened the door and he walked out. "Goodbye Jacob" I closed the door. I leaned against the door and slowly slid down it, crying.

Jacob's POV

How could I let her go? I love her. I leaned against her apartment door. Thinking.

Shanelle's POV

I looked up. Everything just seems to be going down hill. These are the times I would lie on my mother's lap and she'd tell me everything was going to be okay "Mom I miss you" I cried.