Chapter Thirteen

45 votes for update
20 comments

mackenzie

can you please meet me? at our spot.

i hit sent, grabbed my purse, and walked out to my car.  it was raining outside, but i didn't care. i drove the familiar distance that was only a few minutes away.

i pulled up to the park and walked to the swings, sitting down.  all i could think about was how awkward this was going to be now.

why was i such an idiot?

he was the best thing in my life for as long as i can remember.  he was always my escape from fights with brynn and my parents, of course he didn't know why i wanted to escape them.

before i knew it, tears were running down my face and dripping on my legs as i swung back and forth. but it didn't matter as the rain had already soaked my entire body.

i bent over and threw my head in my hands as my elbows rested on my thighs.

"now why are you hiding your beautiful face?"

i looked up and saw johnny standing in front of me. and i didn't hesitate to throw myself into his arms.

it had only been a day but i missed his gorgeous green eyes, and perfectly shaped hair.  i missed everything about him.

his body sent warmth through mine as i was soaked and cold by the rain falling down on us.

we pulled apart, arms still around each other, staring into each other's eyes trying to find the right words to say.

everything swirled around in my brain as i tried to string them together so they'd make sense.

"i'm so sorry i ran, i-i don't know why i did that, i didn't mean to give you the wrong idea, like i like you and all but i.. im just sorry, i started.

"kenz i don't care that you ran away, all i care is that you're okay," he said as his hand pushed the wet hair that was stuck out of my face.

"johnny, i.. i don't know what to say," i whispered.

"then don't say anything."

he leaned in, hands finding their way on either side of my face, mine pressed up against his chest.

and then our lips collided.

and my body filled up instantly with warmth and sparks just like it did the first time.

his hands tangled in my hair, and my hands gripped his shirt like my life depended on it as our lips moved in synch.  we both pulled each other closer, as if it was even possible.

i didn't care that every inch of me was soaked from the rain, all i cared was that i was here with him.

finally we pulled apart, foreheads testing on each other, both of us gasping for air.

"kenz?"

"yeah," i said through my heavy breaths.

"i love you."

i closed my eyes as the words flowed perfectly off his tongue and my lips drew into a huge smile.  it felt right, it felt so right.

"i love you too."

****************************************

hey i know i suck at updating, i've been so busy with everything and my other book don't look back has been my top priority bc of its popularity.

but comment down below what you think!

and this story is only going to have a few more chapters since john and kenz finally got together lol