Chapter Seven

Mackenzie

I pulled out my phone and opened the dreaded app that seemed to be staring me dead in the face.

I kept trying to tell myself it didn't matter. Move on, there's plenty of other guys.

But nothing hurts more when the guy you've been in love with forever leads you on, and then breaks your heart like it was nothing, like i was nothing.

The picture suddenly popped up, and it didn't seem to hurt as bad, but then I read the caption that was dragging along the bottom.

"don't be fooled, this is the only girl i have ever liked, you were just a pawn"

I felt the burning sensation of the tears running down my face.  Everything seemed to be closing in on me and the air was getting farther and farther away.

"Kenzie, please come out," I heard John say with a knock.

It took me a second to process the words that came out of his mouth, so i stood up and was about to open the door when the vibrating of my phone caught my attention.

Hayden: like my post? you were nothing to me & never will be anything.  just give up, you're nothing compared to her.

"Kenzie?"

I felt my knees weaken and before i knew it, i was on the floor again.  However, this time, air wasn't even there and my tears seemed to be drowning me.

"Mackenzie, open the door, o-or at least say something!" I heard a voice say, but it was even recognizable.

I brought my knees to my chest, preparing for the impact of the walls crushing me.  At least I wouldn't have to live through this anymore.

You're nothing compared to her.

I heard a pounding coming from the door, and saw it start to cave in.  I ignored it and looked down, as there were so many voices and noises in my head, I couldn't concentrate.

"He just a boy, just one boy" I kept trying to say to myself, but everything blocked it out.  I felt my body going numb.

You're nothing compared to her.

I couldn't get it out of my head.

I stood up and started searching through the drawers, for something, anything, to help relieve my pain.

I looked through the cabinet until I found a razor. I took it apart and held the blade in my hand.

I never thought i would ever be in this situation, I never thought it would come to this.

I took the blade and made five long cuts along my wrist, one for each word that stung.

Because I was nothing, compared to her.

************************************

hey everyone what's up

get this to 15 likes for an update

xoxo