Chapter Eleven

Mackenzie

He pulled away and i looked up at him, stunned. Did he really just... kiss me?

"I, I... I need some air," i said before turning and running out the front door.

I continued running down the street until i reached a tiny community park.  I sat on a bench and threw my head in my hands.

What had just happened?

Before i knew it, i could feel tears running down my cheeks. But why? Why was this making me so upset?

Maybe it was the thought that everything was going to be different now. Sure i always thought Johnny was hot, really hot. But why start being more than friends now?

And if we break up, would we still be friends? I don't want to lose him. Now i understand what he was trying to say that say in the court yard.

Flashback

"It took everything in me not to beat the shit out of him right there," he whispered, causing a small laugh to escape my lips.

"Well thank you for not killing him.  You don't need to get so mad, it's okay.  He didn't want me," i replied.

"Shut up, he's an ass and deserves everything that's coming.  He's just trying to get in your head and screw things up because he knows i-" he stopped suddenly.

"What? What's coming to him?" I asked.

"I can't say," he said standing up.

"Johnny whats happening?" I asked rising to my feet.  He took his hand and laced it into mine.

"You'll see, now i'm done talking about him."

"He knows that i-"

He knows that i

He knows that i like you?

He's liked me this whole time?  Is that why he gets so defensive over me and other guys?

I shook the idea out of my head and wiped the tears off my face.  I looked down at my phone and saw it was 12:39am.

I got up and started walking. I was a mile from home and if i moved fast enough, i could be there before 1am.  Not that my parents would care.

I walked through the door and saw my mom sitting on the couch with Greg. That's a weird sight. Usually they can't stand to be in the same room together.

"Mackenzie Ziegler where have you been!" My mom screamed walking over to me.

"I-I was at Brynn's," i stuttered nervously. Since when did she care where i was?

"And you didn't think to tell me?" she screamed back in my face.

"I-" but i was interrupted by the impact of her hand across my face.  Instantly, tears filled my eyes.

Greg heard the sound and stood up to come over.

"Wow Melissa, didn't think you had that in you. I like it," he said smirking.

I stood with my mouth slight agape, staring at them.

Just then he turned to me and shoved me to the ground. I felt my body fall back and land against the cold, hard floor beneath me.

"Now get in your room, i don't want to look at you anymore," he said before turning and sitting back on the couch.

Next to him were countless empty beer bottles.

I quickly scrambled to my feel and ran up the stairs. I closed the door to my room behind me, locking it, and jumped on my bed.

I put my face in my pillow to muffle the sounds of my sobs.

Could this night get any worse?

I pulled out my phone and saw a thousand notifications lighting it up.

Brynn had called and texted 50 times, and i had a few missed calls from John.

I put my phone on my nightstand and let the sobs take over my body until eventually i was so tired from crying that i fell asleep.

************************************

35 for update; 15 comments