Chapter Four

Mackenzie

"Nothing John," I said as I began to walk past him and to the car.

He suddenly grabbed me by the arm and brought me closer to him.

"You really think I'm going to let someone hurt you?" he said quietly but sternly while looking in my eyes.

I sighed and looked down at my feet. To be honest I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to tell him I had the biggest crush on Hayden, we just never talked about this kind of stuff.

"I'm sorry Brynn," Johnny said before dragging me away to his own car. He opened the door, pushed me in, and closed it after me.

He walked around to the other side and sat down next to me. None of us spoke for a minute.

"Kenz," he said finally breaking the silence.

But it just triggered more tears for me. I put my head down in my lap as I tried to control my breathing.

I felt his hand rest on my back, and heard him put the car into drive and take off. I didn't look up until I felt the car come to a stop.

I glanced up and saw we were parked outside my second home. He took the key out and looked over at me.

"Do you wanna go inside?" he asked and I nodded in response.

We both got out of the car, he grabbed my hand, and we went up to his room. We sat on his bed facing each other.

"I'm a little hurt that you would keep something that's bothering you from me, but that doesn't matter right now. Who hurt you?" he asked me quietly.

"John, it's just stupid boy drama," I replied looking down at my hands.

"Oh good, I didn't want to have to beat a girl up, that'd be bad," he said causing a small smile to appear on my lips. "But seriously Kenz, just tell me."

"I-I never told you this... but ever since seventh grade I've kinda had a big crush on Hayden," I said.

"Oh my god," he said taking a deep breath to calm down. "And him asking out Annie made you upset?"

"Well not just that, this morning he kinda.. well h-he kissed me."

I see him clench his fists, grab his keys, and stand up.

"W-where are you going?" I asked walking after to him.

"To teach that dick a lesson," he said walking out of his room.

"John, please, no," I said grabbing his hand.

"Kenz I cant let him get away with this, he purposely did this behind my back because he knew I'd get pissed," he said through his teeth.

I had never seen him so mad in my entire life, and I have known him since pre school.

"You're scaring me, please, don't leave me," I said looking into his eyes.

"Lauren is in her room."

"Please stay," I begged.

"Kenzie, just let me go."

"I-I just want to be with you right now, why can't you just understand that!"

He sighed before walking back in his room, not letting go of my hand.

He went over to his dresser, took out a t shirt, and handed it to me. I smiled to myself before going in his bathroom and changing into his shirt that came just above my knees.

I walked out, climbed into bed, and snuggled up against him.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight John."

**************************************
Get this chapter to 15 likes for another!!

and yay for another update!!