treize

A FLIRTATIONSHIP !

IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS now.

Two weeks since Kenzie has last spoken to Johnny, and to think she was going to forgive him again and put all aside just for the sake of their 'friendship'. A few days in he got the hint that she was ignoring him, so he began to do the same.

He'd do anything to annoy Kenzie. Whenever she walked in the school he'd go from chatting with one of his friends to kissing Audrey. In maths, he'd always slam his leg into Kenzie's or chew his pens annoyingly.

He's treating the situation as if Kenzie is the person who's in the wrong, what has she done wrong? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"Kenzie, he's a jerk for doing this. But don't show that you care. You're stronger than this." Nadia snapped Kenzie out of her staring, better yet, staring at Johnny and Audrey. She nods her head, shifting her body off the wall of the lockers.

She crossed her arms and let out a sigh. The pretend date with Mandla didn't achieve anything but another fight. There's the answer, Johnny doesn't like Kenzie and isn't jealous. That's exactly what she told the girls from the start, but no one listened.

But she can't entirely blame it on the girls, the way he treated her that night in the kitchen.. she remembered it like it was yesterday. It's still so clear in her mind, she keeps rewatching it like it's a movie.

His hands are placed right besides Kenzie's face, they're leaning against the fridge. His body is almost pressed up against hers, almost. "You never told me you were into Mandla." He muttered, Johnny's hot breath fans against her skin.

"It's really n-not a big deal, John." She stuttered, looking up to the white ceiling. If the music was off the sound of her heart beat could be heard from the room over.

"It is if I'm your best friend, I thought we told each other everything." This time, she looked straight into his green twinkling eyes. They're coated with hurt, confusion.

"I'm sorry, Johnny. I didn't think it's that important."

He removed his hands from off the fridge and placed them on her waist, Kenzie's gaze drops down and a shudder is sent down her spine. "I told you about Audrey. Do you not trust me? Because I feel like ever since I've gotten with Audrey we've drifted apart."

A cold chuckle left her lips right as he said that. "Really? We drifted apart. I wonder who's fault that was. Yours! And even if I did want to tell you, it's not like I ever get the chance! You always ditch me. Now I think Audrey is waiting on you, excuse me but I have to go." I push his hands off my waist and shove my shoulder with his purposely before walking out.

The way he grabbed her face, slammed his hands harshly and saying that she was the reason they're drifting apart and that she doesn't trust him. But, she still does. Years of friendship doesn't just go away like that, it's not that easy.

The doorbell rings.

Ignoring, she waits for somebody downstairs to go open the door. Then, after the next ring she realised that she is the only person at home because her parents are out a work party. She sighed loudly and paused her show, pushing her bed covers off and running downstairs.

Whoever it is better be worth it, she is literally in sweats and an oversized jumper that Johnny gave her. Kenzie has her hair in a messy bun and she is wearing slippers. You could say she gets pretty comfortable for the weekend.

Her fingers curl around the metal bar of the door, she twists it down and pulled, opening the door into her direction. She took a few steps back, letting out a small gasp. She is met with emerald green eyes which have a twinkle due to the moonlight shining amongst the green irises.

His first move was bringing his hand up to the back of his neck, giving it a little awkward scratch. She opened the door wider and moved to the side, allowing the messy haired boy in. She supposed to be ignoring him, she has no clue as to why he is here.

The first to break the silence is Kenzie seeing as Johnny came here to act awkward. "What are you doing here?" She mumbled, never daring to meet his eyes. She would just be reeled back in, and she does not need that. She is already a bad person.

Johnny was just admiring her and how she is wearing his hoodie, she looked cute. He had let out a cough before answering her question. They were both nervous about this whole situation. "Can I answer upstairs, I'm not comfortable talking about it in the open."

Her eyebrows raise at this, "There's nobody home, we're fine." He makes a face that shows he's pleading, she shrugged and walked up the stairs leaping onto her bed.

She rolled up the cool ranch Doritos and set them aside before sitting cross legged, facing him. He sat right in front her with his legs facing the other side but his body twisted to face Kenzie. "So, I wanted to apologise. For loads of things actually. First, I shouldn't off annoyed you purposely by getting touchy with Audrey. That was just childish. Secondly, the party we went to? I didn't mean to come off as harsh, I just missed you loads and couldn't help myself. We were so close and now I don't even know."

He paused and took a short breath, she took the short moment to think. He too misses their old days where they were always together, unproblematic and free. "And saying that you were the cause of us drifting apart and accusing you of not trusting me was all wrong, I guess I was scared. I really don't want to lose you, Mackenzie."

Mackenzie. He rarely says her full name, that sentence alone sent a shiver down her spine. "Neither do I, Johnny. I'm also sorry for pushing you away, I should've just spoken to you. Friends?" She questioned.

Johnny shook his head and let out a chuckle. "Best friends." His arms were opened, ready to enclose her in them. Kenzie leaned forward and pressed her front against his. Johnny's hands were gently placed on the small of her back and Kenzie's were interlocked around the back of his neck.

They pull apart from the hug but Johnny kept Kenzie close and pressed his forehead against hers. Their noses were touching and there was no space between them. Their proximity had Kenzie's breath speeding up.

He then cupped her face with his hands, just like her dream. She stared into his eyes and with no time being wasted he gets straight into it and slams his lips on Kenzie's. She pinched her hands that were around his neck to see if she was dreaming.

And she is not.

This is real, this is really happening. Slowly, she begin to kiss Johnny back. He pleased her with frantic kisses and asked for permission to enter, she accepted and he explored the inside of her mouth. A minute or few later Johnny and Kenzie pull away, breathless.

That was her first kiss.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

omg omg omg