Adjusting to a new life

"I still don't know who this caller is!" You groaned, sitting on the couch.

"You have homework, (Y/n). Get to work," Ciel said, returning to his paper, tapping his pencil lightly on the kitchen table. 

While he was doing something productive, Claude was out shopping (you probably should've told him how to do it, but he adapts quickly) and Sebastian was just cleaning up at a normal human rate.

"I'm doing a thing called 'enjoying life.' How 'bout you?" You replied, scrolling through some memes on your phone that Brianna sent you.

"I'm actually doing my work so I can have some free time later," he casually replied, scribbling down an answer. You sighed, lazily getting off the couch.

"Fine," you moaned, tugging on his now-exposed tail. He flinched, before going back to his work. Grabbing your homework and a mechanical pencil out of your bag, you sat down next to Ciel and pushed the top of the pencil a few times. 

Ciel watched in awe as the lead came out of the other side of the pencil. You put the tip to the paper and started writing the answers, remembering what the mathteacher taught you. You paid attention in class!

Well, most of the time, that is. 

"Stop looking at my pencil, it's taken," you winked. "But I'm not, if you know what I mean~" 

Ciel quickly looked away, focusing on his homework, hand shaking as he wrote down the answer.

"Hello, (Y/n)! Can I copy you?" Alois asked. You shook your head with a stern expression. 

"No, not a chance," you replied, and went back to work. Sebastian smirked at you, and put away another plate that he cleaned.

"Come on! Don't be like that," Alois said, launching for your homework from across the table. You pushed his face away, snatching your homework and holding it protectively. Ciel just rolled his eye, and looked at the next problem.

Didn't the teacher say to multiply this? Why can I not remember this?! Ciel thought angrily. If I ask (Y/n) for help, Alois will laugh. I don't know if Sebastian knows this already... he probably does. But he would just give me one of his usual smirks! I have no other choice...

He took a deep breath, and spoke in a clear voice, "(Y/n). Can you help me with this problem?"

You looked over at his work, and smiled. "Sure! If you let me copy down what you have, that is!"

Ciel sighed. He wanted to get his work done, but you copying him wasn't the wisest idea. He had no idea if he was right or wrong. "Fine."

"Yay!" You cheered, and started to show him what to do.

Alois pouted, wanting more attention from you. But no, you had to pay attention to that other bastard! Alois grabbed his homework and pencil, and slid on over next to you. 

"That's about it. Anything else?" You asked him, scribbling down the answers with the work shown on Ciel's paper. He looked down, and shook his head.

"No, thank you," he replied, and silently continued. Smiling, you went back to your worksheet. After a few minutes, you finished. 

"Aw yeah!" You cheered, putting the math homework away with a smile. "Now, onto (language)..."

How did she finish before me?! Ciel thought, glaring at you. Alois seemed to have noticed as well, and just smirked.

"Are you jealous that she finished before you, Phantomhive?" He teased, his smirk growing wider like Ciel's irritation.

"Shut it, Trancy," he growled. You sighed, wondering why they were always at each other.