Chapter 9

"This looks cute," said Phoenix as Mary twirled around in her outfit.

"Agreed," said Belle and Jaz. Mary blushed profusely as she went back to the dressing room.

"I've got one more dress for you to try on," Cindy called to Mary, throwing it under the room, "I think this is the perfect one for you."

"I think Phoenix should try this one on," said Belle, "it matches her hair." Phoenix's eyes widened at the sight of the red dress and snatched it from Belle's hand.

"Be back in a jiffy!" she sang. Cindy rolled her eyes as Belle and Jaz giggled. After Dameon left, Mary and Phoenix pounced asking Cindy question after question. Cindy answered them as best as she could before coming up with the idea of shopping. The three girls headed out, and Cindy thought this would be the perfect time for Belle and Jaz to meet Mary and Phoenix. Cindy of course had other things to discuss with Jaz and Belle, so it all worked out in the end.

"Well, there not anything that I'd thought they'd be like," whispered Jaz.

"What did you think they were going to be like?" Cindy asked her.

"I don't know, like the brats at PSA?" Cindy gave her a look. "Don't judge, they've been in that castle their entire lives, how was I supposed to know better?"

"Uh, the fact that you're a princess should be a total hint," scoffed Belle. Jaz glared at her, but she changed subjects.

"So why a party now? You hated to party back at PSA, Cindy," Jaz pointed out.

"That's because she's in LOVE with Prince Dameon," Phoenix called out from her dressing room, "So in love that she forgot to tell all of us about this party."

"How many times do I need to apologize for that?" Cindy asked the door.

"Until I say so," Phoenix huffed from inside. Cindy was going to give Phoenix a piece of her mind, but Belle interrupted Cindy.

"So love huh?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"It's not like that. I had promised Dameon that I would come if he came to the plaza with me," Cindy defended.

"Uh huh," Jaz smirked. Cindy opening her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by Mary.

"Does this look okay?" she asked unsure of herself. Mary was in a pink sleeveless dress that draped down to her knees. There was a simple silver snowflake waistline, that set the rest of the piece. She twirled around for the three girls outside once, and the smooth silk material flowed around her. Cindy forgot about her inhibitions and beamed at Mary: it was perfect.

"You look gorgeous!" gushed Phoenix. Belle, Jaz, and Cindy were so preoccupied with observing Mary's dress, they didn't see her step out. Phoenix was wearing the red dress that Belle had picked out, and Cindy could totally see where Belle was coming from. The dress was also sleeveless and a dark, deep auburn that matched Phoenix's hair. There was an exotic design on the dress with a rose starting at the top with feathers extending all the way down to the end of her dress. It was also a puffy dress, like the big ball gowns that most girls wore to prom, except this reached down to Phoenix's mid-thigh. Belle had a good eye, this was most definitely Phoenix: short, abrasive, and fiery just like her.

"Both of you look amazing," Cindy said, smiling at them, "You guys are going to rock the dance floor tonight!" Phoenix and Mary's faces brightened. Cindy was very happy to see that those two were enjoying themselves.

"Thank you! But now it's your turn," said Phoenix.

"I've already got a dress and besides, we need to look at dresses for Jaz and Belle," Cindy stated.